Aston Villa (H) - Sun 22nd May, 16:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well why have a 25 man squad then???. It's up to the manager who he picks. If he did put a second string out there will be no re percussions as he hasn't done anything "wrong". He has selected 11 players to play out of his named 25 available.

And I stand by what I said in the Match day thread last night. Villa WILL play a weak side against Burnley. It's Gerrard we are talking about here. Liverpool through and through.
It’s much more likely that he will play a couple of his bigger, stronger players against Burnley, faster players against City. Not a weakened side against Burnley, just one tailored to combat their strengths

Well why have a 25 man squad then???. It's up to the manager who he picks. If he did put a second string out there will be no re percussions as he hasn't done anything "wrong". He has selected 11 players to play out of his named 25 available.

And I stand by what I said in the Match day thread last night. Villa WILL play a weak side against Burnley. It's Gerrard we are talking about here. Liverpool through and through.
Fuc* Gerrard, he is a rookie manager, managing a decent side, would people be panicking if this game was played in mid season? no they wouldn't

Last edited:

last home game - surely his best players deserve to play

We should be wiping the floor with a full strength villa side no matter the circumstances.

Funny things happen in football and it could be a tough afternoon and things might not go our way, but it won't be because Gerrard rested his side mid week.
To be fair we should have wiped the floor with a full strength Palace side at home, like you say funny things happen in football, but everyone is worrying about us at home to villa, and the same people are giving the dippers 3 points already against a Wolves side that I believe are a better side than villa

Last edited:
Gerrard's press conferance was quite telling. Looks like Watkins/Ings, Mcginn, Mings, Martinez and Digne will be rested tomorrow.

Another shit show, just like Soton with their team selection. Clear as day they were in in talks with Klopp beforehand. No way were either team resting all those players if they knew the other team were full strength.
And there where people on here saying he wouldn’t rest players for when they played us he wants Liverpool to win the league make no mistake!

And there where people on here saying he wouldn’t rest players for when they played us he wants Liverpool to win the league make no mistake!
What you want and what you get are 2 different things, who really gives a shit who he plays or doesn't play tomorrow? I couldn't give 2 shits

Do you think the Southampton manager told his players don't worry we have nothing to play for just go and stroll about?
It's the players who are thinking of there holidays
Gerrard can tell his players till he's blue in the face but the players know after Sunday season is finished and they are mid table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.