Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
Wtf ...
The Champions League...IE Champions..
Needs renaming as lots of winners weren't domestic champions.
Maybe I have been living in a bubble, but I swear on God I had never heard this forceful point against the Champions League being called that name before I joined this forum and I never heard it anywhere else since. It seems an utterly bizarre thing to concentrate on that sounds like an excuse. As someone pointed out earlier, I suppose that would have invalidated it for us had we won it last season…

Maybe I have been living in a bubble, but I swear on God I had never heard this forceful point against the Champions League being called that name before I joined this forum and I never heard it anywhere else since. It seems an utterly bizarre thing to concentrate on that sounds like an excuse. As someone pointed out earlier, I suppose that would have invalidated it for us had we won it last season…
We have a competition in England that was originally the League cup and only teams in the football league could participate in it...
So by default the Champions League should be for Champions only or change the fucking name to something else

I want the CL but not at the expense of the league especially to Liverpool. A league and CL double is the one for me.

We have a competition in England that was originally the League cup and only teams in the football league could participate in it...
So by default the Champions League should be for Champions only or change the fucking name to something else
Agreed, when you had to be champions it was called the European cup. When you just have to finish in the too four, it's called the Champions League. Fucking daft isn't it.

Ask fans of clubs in Spain, Germany, Italy, France, they would all rather win the Champions League than their leagues. That doesn’t mean we have to follow them, but understand it’s an acceptable stance
Not true for teams like Barca/Madrid/Milan/Bayern who have regularly won it ... its not an 'or' situation for us - we expect to do well in both tournaments. The fact is that CL pits all the 'top' teams from Europe against each other and is hence rightly the most high profile tournament in club football. Check out the audience for City vs Pool and CL finals between any random teams to understand that.

Next season Guardiola needs to de-prioritize the league by fully resting the first-15 prior to every CL knockout game. I think the owners would be understanding of this as long as you achieve Top-4.
As a victim of his own high standards, Guardiola's legacy will be incomplete if he fails to win CL at City (just like his stint at Bayern or Mourinho's at Madrid).

I give a fuck what fans from other countries think because I am a fan from another country who have made friends for life in this community and knows others. I myself don’t have a general preference, but I know how badly every single one of them wants us win the UCL and what it means, and they can’t understand when I try to explain why English fans sometimes don’t care as much
This was never a conversation I had in The Huntsman.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.