Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
Do the English fans understand how important the Champions League is for fans from other countries?
Yes, but doesn't change the opinion it is second to a league title in importance.

It's been devalued as a trophy since it stopped being champions only, most finals contested have teams that finished 2nd, 3rd or 4th in their league, add to that uefa are twats.

Genuinely who gives a f**k what it's called? Lucky Charms don't bring me any good luck but I don't let that ruin my enjoyment of them with some semi-skimmed milk.
It's named thus because the champions of all Europe's major leagues compete in it. That's it. Yes other teams compete in it but it's not as though they're being dragged from U-12's mini leagues across the continent. That its name is being used as a reason for apathy is bewildering.
Of course, the moniker "Champions of Europe" shouldn't always be taken too literally, but nine times out of ten if you win this tournament you'll have beaten some of the best teams in Europe along the way; see Madrid overcoming ourselves as an example.

For most English fans

For most match going fans. And that's the key part. Those sat at home watching all over the world can want the CL more or value it more but the majority of match going fans don't. UEFA are corrupt as fuck, English clubs didn't even play in the European Cup initially, it was an invitational experiment that then took off. It doesn't have anywhere near the same prestige as the FA Cup or league title.

It is only so big because of the money and marketing around it. But it is devalued as a competition by having so many teams in it. Even the name makes no fucking sense.

The players might want it and some City fans will. I do just to tick it off. I thought winning it would be the greatest feeling but Sunday reminded me of how wrong I was.

For most match going fans. And that's the key part. Those sat at home watching all over the world can want the CL more or value it more but the majority of match going fans don't.
Yes when I see the Etihad full on Champions League nights the first thought that comes to mind is “they don’t really want to win this”

Until we win CL, won’t truly know how it feels but the PL feels pretty good.

You are so invested in it, it feels great.

CL group stage is shit and then chances are last 16 can be fairly one sided, so it is 1/4 or semi before you have a game of note.

It’s glamorous and exciting at that stage but it can be over fairly quickly.

The truth for me and I know a lot disagree the ESL is not a bad idea, as the issue with CL is it is shit and the bits which are good are few and rare. Maybe 6-8 really decent games a competition. Whereas Pl your probably talking 50+.

Everything the proposed one was wrong but the idea of having more games between the top sides is good.

A competition where we played all the teams in a ESL would be a prize far above the PL.

CL group stage is shit and then chances are last 16 can be fairly one sided, so it is 1/4 or semi before you have a game of note.
That usually is true, but I’d say this year less so for the finalists with Madrid playing PSG and Liverpool having their hardest opponents in the round of 16

Uefa have ended up with a comptetitoon which both finalists want away from, a bizarre situation.

I fully understand why english fans rate Premier League above UCL. I just wish they value UCL a bit more in the future.
Players, Pep and the owner dreams about it. After winning too many domestic trophies, UCL is by far what they want the most and I think they deserve to get one. This is what Bernardo said 2 years ago:
bernardo.jpg
Winning the PL makes Liverpool/United/Arsenal and some more get mad at us, winning the UCL would also make Real/Bayern/UEFA/Tebas and all the so called "big european clubs" lose their heads...

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.