Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Noticed that was up after the last game of the season. I’m sure more will follow.

It’s all good news on the footfall nearer the stadium.

I’m sure there will be plans to open the Atrium in the Arena pre match - and redevelop City Square to cater for both match day and gig punters.

City square was unique when launched but it needs to be upgraded and there loads of opportunities with the Arena next to it

I’d be very surprised if Joe Mercer Way leading to the arena wasn’t refurbished at least. It needs it.

As for City Square, who knows. I doubt City will refurbish it if it ties in with the wider expansion of the North Stand in the future.

Today.

2 sets.

DSC02216.jpg

DSC02219.jpg

DSC02223.jpg

DSC02224.jpg

DSC02227.jpg

DSC02228.jpg

DSC02229.jpg

DSC02230.jpg

DSC02231.jpg

DSC02233.jpg

DSC02236.jpg

I’d be very surprised if Joe Mercer Way leading to the arena wasn’t refurbished at least. It needs it.

As for City Square, who knows. I doubt City will refurbish it if it ties in with the wider expansion of the North Stand in the future.
When I say refurbish I mean pulled down and start from scratch for something that will cater for both match day and gig nights.

I’m sure we will see something different built in time for the Arena launch

It does, but would they do that before an extension gets done as moving the shop and having construction at that end of the stadium might damage any work done to JMW

Fill in any cracks, which there are quite a few, a good clean, and a lick of paint, shouldn't cost too much money.

North Stand extension - Should have a social club!

The section which holds the 93:20 area in the South Stand should be a social club in the North Stand development.

It would be accessed externally through a staircase leading up the stand similar to the stairs you find at Villa Park.

644A4FBA-D77C-4CA7-A2E2-D62E6D819DAF.jpeg

At the top of the stairs would be a stage/platform which can be viewed from the ground outside and from within the social club. This is where the pre-match entertainment and interviews will take place.

The City social club would be open before and after games as well as other select nights as and when needed. Perhaps fans could go there to watch specially screened away fixtures etc.

Bars would still be open on the ground for those that prefer the open air with the social club being open to match ticket holders with seats and cover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.