Neymar

The thing is you can say you don’t want him, but as a business point of view City would be crazy not to go for him at that fee. His marketability elevates the club. Kids love him he’s the Ronaldiniho of this generation. he’s up there with Ronaldo,Messi in marketability. City would get a new massive audience/fan base at the club buying Neymar shirts more sponsors etc. It would be massive.
So you want us to go down the United route & sign players because they will generate cash? No thanks. Not for me mate

£50m certainly makes it an interesting idea, but as has been pointed out his appearance record isn't great and wages are no doubt at the moment astronomical. If he took a hit on the wages to make him cheaper, then he'd definitely be worth considering going for imo.

Contract till 2025 so apart from the obvious, what's wrong with him ?

I'd suggest the biggest problem is that PSG have lost €600m in the last 3 seasons and Neymar's getting a lot of money from them.

Secondly I get the sense he'd like to move away and take another run at the top trophies before he's past it.

He's also been injured for about a 1/3rd of his career at PSG.

And if you're being really cynical, ask how many of the Brazilian superstars have made football a priority past 30? Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Robinho, Kaka, Adriano...all washed up by 30.

Did they?

They haven't officially sacked him yet, but there seems to be this unspoken acknowledgement from everyone he's gone.

Athletic Bilbao are having a presidential election and one of the candidates has said he's going to bring Poch in.

France football media is certain Galtier is the new PSG manager - they're even buying players from his Lille title winning side in 2020.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.