City Fan Ban

I see that this guy's from Merseyside. Semi-serious question: could be an agent provocateur?

Be interesting to find out how many other games he has attended.
I am sure people on Facebook etc can find out which team he supports ;)

I was furious when the flairs were thrown on the pitch. It didnt make any sence. Why would City fans throw them on and risk slowing our momentum ?

Thankfully the flair made it onto the pitch, it could have hit another fan and burnt them

Seems hugely disproportionate to me.

Honestly, Ric, you surprise me a bit. Not just having a flare, but throwing it onto the pitch? Supposing it had hit a player on the head? Supposing it had hit the ref on the head? I don't know how hot those things are, but presumably they're burning in some way.
I don't think a three year ban is long enough. This is at least as serious as the guy who foolishly ran on to the pitch — which he recognised as such — and has been done for longer for it.

Honestly, Ric, you surprise me a bit. Not just having a flare, but throwing it onto the pitch? Supposing it had hit a player on the head? Supposing it had hit the ref on the head? I don't know how hot those things are, but presumably they're burning in some way.
I don't think a three year ban is long enough. This is at least as serious as the guy who foolishly ran on to the pitch — which he recognised as such — and has been done for longer for it.

100%

Doesn't matter if you like them or not.
It is obvious that they are not welcome at football matches.
Simple thing to do is not to take them into the game.That way you will not get a ban.
Pre entry checks are a nuisance but they are not working with fans getting the flares into the ground.
I can see them being a lot stricter next season pre entry into the ground.

Doesn't matter if you like them or not.
It is obvious that they are not welcome at football matches.
Simple thing to do is not to take them into the game.That way you will not get a ban.
Pre entry checks are a nuisance but they are not working with fans getting the flares into the ground.
I can see them being a lot stricter next season pre entry into the ground.
It's absolutely certain. And that will slow it down for everybody. Again.

Agreed. Say it didn't make the pitch and landed in a child's hood. It's not beyond the realms of possibility. Wholly proportionate for me and hopefully a clear message to any other dick who thinks of bringing one.

Lifelong City fan apparently. Prosecutor stated the "local team" had scored. Must be related to Rio, can't even bring himself to say City! :)

By the way, it wasn’t a flare.

Well, there must be a semantic subtlety that I'm not grasping, here.
The authorities, and the media, consistently define it as a “smoke flare”. I've never handled one of the things, and wouldn't be interested in doing so (I find them dipperish, to be honest) My only question here is: are they based on combustion, and do they therefore generate heat?

The people using these things are attention seekers, wanting to be seen as ‘super fans’ with no thought for other people. They can cause burns, the smoke is toxic and in crowded areas flares are a total nuisance. At Newport the other year some idiot set one off in the away supporters bar under the stand, bar closed and every other blue can’t get a drink - but one person had enjoyed his moment of glory !

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.