Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly just got into a Liverpool fan from Edinburgh......... you know the usual Oil money bollox when I pointed out that every club that has down well through history have had some kind of boost to get there he wouldn’t have it ............ when I suggest looking at Liverpool in the 60s and the 70s and the littlewoods money he’s suddenly gone silent .......... that’s the problem with these loons they have it there heads that Liverpool rose to the top without spending a penny the deluded Victim twats
Half of the berks, don't know their own history, but recon they know all about ours, the out of towners especially

Half of the berks, don't know their own history, but recon they know all about ours, the out of towners especially
To be honest I have never quite grasped the idea of living in somewhere like Brighton or Bristol and deciding to go and support a club 200 miles up the motorway when you have no family ties.. links with the people or the town or City that Club plays in and no matter how much you claim to love it will never be yours... having said that each to there own I suppose.

To be honest I have never quite grasped the idea of living in somewhere like Brighton or Bristol and deciding to go and support a club 200 miles up the motorway when you have no family ties.. links with the people or the town or City that Club plays in and no matter how much you claim to love it will never be yours... having said that each to there own I suppose.
Very true, your fan base is loaded with them same as the Rags and I read your earlier post about what clubs want from match going fans(customers as they like to call us now) and its sad, but its the way the modern game has gone

I hope City doesn't go the same way, but I won't hold my breath on that, I hope if it does it takes years and years and years

To be honest I have never quite grasped the idea of living in somewhere like Brighton or Bristol and deciding to go and, support a club 200 miles up the motorway when you have no family ties.. links with the people or the town or City that Club plays in and no matter how much you claim to love it will never be yours... having said that each to there own I suppose.
Would I be included. Started supporting City when I was 7, living in Rhodesia. My dad used to take me to the local hotel where they showed month old matches on a screen. Loved Franny Lee & Mike Doyle etc. When we moved to England my dad took me to as many games as he could (not bad for a Toon fan, my dad). Then when I was 17 and passed my driving test got a season ticket which I had for 20 years. So for 33 years I have travelled 240 mile round trip to watch City whenever possible.

The pies I bought in the away end of the old Platt Lane were something to behold.. they really were.. never mind can now chew on a Minted Lamb Burger if I feel a bit peckish just a snip at about six pound fifty a pop haha.. to think we all laughed at Roy Keane’s Prawn Sandwich Brigade.
My usual pre-matdch feast is a pie and a Bovril. £6-50. When I mount a pilgrimage to see Rochdale the same refreshments are £4-50.

Would I be included. Started supporting City when I was 7, living in Rhodesia. My dad used to take me to the local hotel where they showed month old matches on a screen. Loved Franny Lee & Mike Doyle etc. When we moved to England my dad took me to as many games as he could (not bad for a Toon fan, my dad). Then when I was 17 and passed my driving test got a season ticket which I had for 20 years. So for 33 years I have travelled 240 mile round trip to watch City whenever possible.

Millions of fans support clubs that arent their birth place or family ties. Theres more than 20 towns/cities in England lol.

I just think us with ties think we are more passionate and proud. In the dark days I would wonder what's it's like to support say arsenal. But I couldnt dream of doing it, City is my birthplace.

But any fan can support any club with 100% commit I wouldnt dispute it. Just I cant understand it lol.

As far as I am concerned if you are a City fan it doesnt matter where you are from, you are part of the City family

Can I ask you lot to leave John Aldridge alone. He made a simple mistake. It is very easy to get Noel and Liam mixed up, just like he thought he'd made 243 appearances for Liverpool when it was in fact Tranmere.
Simple mistake that's all.
It's like Dwight Yorke too, played ninety odd games for United but almost 250 for Villa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.