Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not with one year left on Gabby's contract. Saying that I wouldn't of minded taking a gamble on the player if the situation was reversed.

Last edited:
I know it's crazy money, but £45m for a proven PL forward, who scores goals, has won the title, played in high-pressure games, is still young, relatively injury free and plays up top with Neymar for Brazil... is a bit on the cheap side.
I guess so mate but, he's in the last year of his contract, I have no actual evidence but it's believed he has no intention of extending or renewing his contract, he wants more game time which all good players do, we sign Haaland and Alvarez, I would guess he thinks he'll get less.
Add to this he knows Arteta, Arsenal are a decent team with some good young players, Gabby will be the big fish in that pond.
The only downside for me is the sh*t and very vocal minority of Arsenal the supporters who are loud mouthed entitled pricks.

All that said I wish him well always will be a fan of him, top top player.

A lot of clubs will do a lot of business over the next 36 hours as its the end of one FFP year and the beginning of the following one.

That may or may not include us and is the main reason, IMO, for the delay of the official announcement of deals (clubs deciding which financial year to put sales / purchases in).

I'm sad about this. I know it's the best move for all parties and I know he had his faults but there's something about him wearing an Arsenal shirt that feels totally wrong.

He worked hard for City, he scored some really important goals in big games for us, he gave us loads of special memories, and he was a big part of the greatest period this club has ever had.

He scored the 100 points goal, he scored the winner in an FA Cup semi-final and then scored twice in the final itself, and he won that R16 game against Madrid almost entirely on his own in 2020. I'll never forget his goal in the 1-0 win over Chelsea last season that sent us on our way.

I never thought Gabby would leave. I thought he'd spend his career here, playing 42 games and scoring 17 goals every single season between now and his retirement. I thought he'd finally break 100 goals for us, but I guess not!

I think this marks the end of an era during Pep's time here, in my opinion. Jesus was one of his big early signings. Now only De Bruyne, Stones, Gundogan, and Zinchenko are left from that 16/17 season (if Raheem goes).

Time marches on, words come and go
We will sing the melodies that you did long ago

I guess so mate but, he's in the last year of his contract, I have no actual evidence but it's believed he has no intention of extending or renewing his contract, he wants more game time which all good players do, we sign Haaland and Alvarez, I would guess he thinks he'll get less.
Add to this he knows Arteta, Arsenal are a decent team with some good young players, Gabby will be the big fish in that pond.
The only downside for me is the sh*t and very vocal minority of Arsenal the supporters who are loud mouthed entitled pricks.

All that said I wish him well always will be a fan of him, top top player.
Highlighted the most pertinent part of your post for clarity pal... I have developed a real loathing of the Tarquins over the years and I am constantly amazed how many I seem to 'find' over here :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.