Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks like he's walking slower because he's giving an interview. Not limping. Not that we should care.

I'm sad about this. I know it's the best move for all parties and I know he had his faults but there's something about him wearing an Arsenal shirt that feels totally wrong.

He worked hard for City, he scored some really important goals in big games for us, he gave us loads of special memories, and he was a big part of the greatest period this club has ever had.

He scored the 100 points goal, he scored the winner in an FA Cup semi-final and then scored twice in the final itself, and he won that R16 game against Madrid almost entirely on his own in 2020. I'll never forget his goal in the 1-0 win over Chelsea last season that sent us on our way.

I never thought Gabby would leave. I thought he'd spend his career here, playing 42 games and scoring 17 goals every single season between now and his retirement. I thought he'd finally break 100 goals for us, but I guess not!

I think this marks the end of an era during Pep's time here, in my opinion. Jesus was one of his big early signings. Now only De Bruyne, Stones, Gundogan, and Zinchenko are left from that 16/17 season (if Raheem goes).

Time marches on, words come and go
We will sing the melodies that you did long ago
Tend to agree. Not least because he was starting to show signs he was coming into his prime.
The lad never really had a good run of games.
They must think very highly of Alverez to let Jesus go.

No point crying over this, gave as good as he got and he isn’t going to get any better, good deal for us and thanks for the memories. Move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.