Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is nothing but a great signing. Salah looks after himself so will easily be able to perform for the next 3 years, rarely injured and fully versed in the system Liverpool play, used to the Premier League and one of the top 5/6 forwards in the world. Salah leaving would have seriously weakened Liverpool but as it is they look a lot stronger going into next year.
No one is questioning that Salah isn't a great player but what we are questioning is the finances involved.

Liverpool have completely smashed their wage structure and have almost doubled his wages. You don't think players like Van Dijk ect are going to be on the phone to their agents asking for parity?

Just like the rags in 2010 when they smashed their wage structure to keep Rooney Liverpool have left themselves exposed to players demanding what they want.

They already have the 5th highest wage bill in world football and I would imagine by the end of next season they will be higher.

FSG are used to low balling in business and this is Uncharted Territory for them

It is nothing but a great signing. Salah looks after himself so will easily be able to perform for the next 3 years, rarely injured and fully versed in the system Liverpool play, used to the Premier League and one of the top 5/6 forwards in the world. Salah leaving would have seriously weakened Liverpool but as it is they look a lot stronger going into next year.
Not sure how serious this is.

Salah was already there. They haven't added him. They've lost Mane, one of their most crucial game winners, and brought in a promising striker who is utterly untested at the top level. They've also apparently smashed their delicate wage structure to keep Salah around, quite possibly causing dressing room unrest. By what possible metric do they "look a lot stronger going into next year"?

£500,000k a week for a players who didn’t look up to much at the tail end of the season .............. don’t get me wrong if he states fit etc then fair enough but got a feeling this will bite them in the arse

Only surprise is that Salah only just now is On 350k a week Liverpool got away for years paying him average wages for a player that club been going on about being the best player in the world..

He has played his hand superbly and nailed them.
They are paying him a fortune now and they have shit it after mane leaving.
It’s only a three year deal and he already had a year left so it’s a good deal for both
So now they pay high fees and high wages can they shut up about this bet spend nonsense

The one thing I don't get in all these transfers is the amount of detail the media and fans have about the wages.
I would have thought contract details were confidential so are we all just guessing.
My wife has never asked or known what I earn, never asked me I don't think (could change if she wanted a divorce I suspect)
Is there a requirement that football clubs have to disclose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.