Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

McCartney grew up in an Everton supporting family, but never showed any interest.

As for the others, their families had no interest in football whatsoever and John, George and Ringo carried on that tradition of complete indifference.
Their famous club 'The Cavern' was named cos it was full of knuckledragging cavemen.

2022-2023 Weekly Salary Rankings​

PLAYERTEAMWEEKLY SALARY

Cristiano Ronaldo

FORWARD
MUFC£510,000

Kevin De Bruyne

MIDFIELDER
MCFC£400,000

David De Gea

GOALKEEPER
MUFC£375,000

Jadon Sancho

FORWARD
MUFC£350,000

Raphael Varane

DEFENDER
MUFC£340,000

Romelu Lukaku

FORWARD
CFC£325,000

Jack Grealish

MIDFIELDER
MCFC£300,000

Raheem Sterling

FORWARD
MCFC£300,000

N'Golo Kante

MIDFIELDER
CFC£290,000

Timo Werner

FORWARD
CFC£272,000

John Stones

DEFENDER
MCFC£250,000

Anthony Martial

FORWARD
MUFC£250,000

Virgil Van Dijk

DEFENDER
LFC£220,000

Thomas Partey

MIDFIELDER
AFC£200,000

Thiago Alcántara do Nascimento

MIDFIELDER
LFC£200,000

Mohamed Salah

FORWARD
LFC£200,000

Marcus Rashford

FORWARD
MUFC£200,000

Harry Kane

FORWARD
THFC£200,000

Tanguy Ndombele

MIDFIELDER
THFC£200,000

Ben Chilwell

DEFENDER
CFC£190,000

Harry Maguire

DEFENDER
MUFC£189,904

Trent Alexander-Arnold

DEFENDER
LFC£180,000

Roberto Firmino

FORWARD
LFC£180,000

Fabinho Tavares

MIDFIELDER
LFC£180,000

Bruno Fernandes

MIDFIELDER
MUFC£180,000

Kepa Arrizabalaga

GOALKEEPER
CFC£155,000

Kai Havertz

MIDFIELDER
CFC£150,000

Mateo Kovacic

MIDFIELDER
CFC£150,000

Christian Pulisic

FORWARD
CFC£150,000

Alisson Becker

GOALKEEPER
LFC£150,000

Bernardo Silva

MIDFIELDER
MCFC£150,000

lfc really should pay their players more. Cheapskates or what. No wonder their fans keep banging on about our wages, but even Villa and Arsenal and leicester are paying more than lfc do for some of their "big stars". Their fans need to look at their owners.

But wtf Bernardo should be on more.
I don't think that's a particularly accurate list, wasn't Liverpool's wage bill the highest in the country the year they were given the league? I'm pretty certain it was shown to be when their accounts were released for that period.
Either their players are all on pretty much the same amount no matter who they are or these wages listed show them with their usual bonuses (i.e. very little in the way of trophy add ons).

Their famous club 'The Cavern' was named cos it was full of knuckledragging cavemen.

They did write one song for the Egyptian King....

Mohamed-Salahs-net-worth-in-2020.jpg

The best things in life are free
But you can keep them for the birds and bees
Now give me money, (That's what I want)
That's what I want
(That's what I want)
That's what I want, (That's what I want), yeah
(That's what I want)

Bang on Tom. Same as you. I drink in town before the match. I get to the Etihad and go in. No shop, burger or programme. I watch the match, clap the team off and go back to the pub.
There is a reason I am offered 10% off everything, the club want to know how much I spend at the shop and at the bar. I assume there is a bad mark against my name !
The main reason the clubs like 12,30 and 4,30 kick off times is it coincides with dinner and tea so fans buy the minted lamb burger because they are hungry.
I took my 2 lads to the game from the age of 10, I do not think I could afford to do it now.
We are becoming what we despised about the rags.
I’ve never been asked to show my proof of being a season ticket holder to get the 10% discount. If you think they like non 3pm kick off’s just to sell food you really need to give your head a wobble

Peter Robinson on Heysel​

“I was in the stand that night, not the official area. At 9pm I made my way to the area where the disaster occurred.

“I tried to speak to a group of Liverpool fans. Some explained the problems – the total lack of control...people had tickets which hadn’t been torn in half.

“Then a group of men descended on me and said their tickets were from the black market. But they wouldn’t show me them.

“They had strong southern accents and they suddenly turned aggressive and started chanting ‘Shankly’.

“That was strange as Bill Shankly hadn’t been our manager for 12 years.

“It was well documented at that time that members of the National Front went to matches. And it was very odd to me this group should be here.

“They were quite vicious and we had to move on. It was not a good experience.”

“An independent inquiry in Belgium found that Liverpool was in no way to blame. The main blame lay with the Belgian FA and security.

I can only say, thank God Hitler wasn't from Liverpool and a regular on the Kop.

If he had been, 'independent enquiries' would be telling us the Poles were responsible for WW2, and that the Holocaust was caused by mysterious men from southern England; while Adolf deserved compo for the cruel rejection of his skill as an artist, given that he was better than Rembrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.