Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
End of World Boosts Liverpool's Champions League Chances.

4UJp.gif

By eliminating their opponents, Armageddon will ensure the Mighty Reds bring Big Ears back to Merseyside.
We all should turn up with knockin sticks and chisels and send that place into the sea.

Were any members of the Beatles interested in Liverpool football club? At the height of their fame weren’t Liverpool in the 2nd tier of English football waiting for the Littlewoods money to happen? It would be like us trying to claim Ian Brown, when non of them have any affinity to that shit stain of a football club and couldn’t wait to get out of Liverpool.
The Beatles weren't even interested in Liverpool. They all left as soon as they could.

Hats off to you mate and anyone else who goes above board to watch the blues.....brilliant!!
Anyone who goes above and beyond to those levels deserves credit.. well done hope it continues,
No.

McCartney grew up in an Everton supporting family, but never showed any interest.

As for the others, their families had no interest in football whatsoever and John, George and Ringo carried on that tradition of complete indifference.
I have found that when you make it big in another sport or industry it’s always better to leave your footie alligencies out of it... that way you unite the town and city you come from or represent.. always thought it was stupid for boxers like David Price to do his ring walk to “ You’ll Never Walk Alone “ or Tony Bellew coming out to “ Z Cars “ as straight away you have split your fanbase in half.. the amount of reds fans who used to love seeing Bellew lose was amazing.. you get away with being vocal with your football team coming from Leeds or Newcastle as that Josh Warrington from Leeds proves.. he even gets players from Leeds to carry his belt into the ring and the whole City is behind him.. point I am making is John.. Paul.. George and Ringo probably were clever enough to not publicaly show who they supported

Very true, your fan base is loaded with them same as the Rags and I read your earlier post about what clubs want from match going fans(customers as they like to call us now) and its sad, but its the way the modern game has gone

I hope City doesn't go the same way, but I won't hold my breath on that, I hope if it does it takes years and years and years
I agree this bollox about 'global fan base' who reaaly wants that..someone from Miami or wherever 'supporting' us because we win FFS. There are fan bases in the prem lording this sort of shite. I prefer i proper fan base that get to games more often then not. Would help if tgere was a min number of Sat 3.00 pm games a season nut that ship has long gone

Ah, the Second placed Salbutomolites, The Anfield Asthmatics, Bobby Charlton's Business Partners.

Not a cycling off season for them so expect they'll be up there. But losing Mane and bringing in Nunez is a risk (as is Haaland to be fair, albeit arguably less so). Have a sneaky feeling they may struggle and end up just about fourth.
Hmmm Klopp is too good to let it all go tbf

I agree this bollox about 'global fan base' who reaaly wants that..someone from Miami or wherever 'supporting' us because we win FFS. There are fan bases in the prem lording this sort of shite. I prefer i proper fan base that get to games more often then not. Would help if tgere was a min number of Sat 3.00 pm games a season nut that ship has long gone
Unfortunately City’s winning path in ten to fifteen years time will mirror exactly the same sort of Gloryhunting support you despise so much about United’s and Liverpool’ nothing can prevent that if a club becomes a global success which City are far along the road of becoming now.
I think the other thing about this global Club is at one time Clubs were owned by your local businessman or maybe a very rich man who happend to support your Club.. this is still the case in the lower leagues.. however once SKY was introduced it attracted blue chip mega global conglomerates who seen how much money was involved in the English game and wanted a piece of the pie.. that’s why you have owners like FSG.. Big Stan Kronke at Arsenal and the Glaziers.. these people don’t even understand football never mind like or love the clubs they own.. what happens then is decisions to the football club are made in a business way rather than a footballing way and that’s where we are now where they would rather have tourist day tripper fans in the stadium spending money rather than a local from Walton or Ancotes.. a player will be bought from Korea or Japan not because he’s good but because they will market him in those countries.. fans still think they are supporting a football club when really they are just supporting a business or franchise.. we are no longer fans or supports just customers.. where I am in Liverpool if I gave up my season ticket in protest I would be replaced by the few hundred thousand from all over the world from the global brand who wanted one so you could never win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.