Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is nothing but a great signing. Salah looks after himself so will easily be able to perform for the next 3 years, rarely injured and fully versed in the system Liverpool play, used to the Premier League and one of the top 5/6 forwards in the world. Salah leaving would have seriously weakened Liverpool but as it is they look a lot stronger going into next year.
It must be exhausting to have to constantly sail against the wind.

Not sure how serious this is.

Salah was already there. They haven't added him. They've lost Mane, one of their most crucial game winners, and brought in a promising striker who is utterly untested at the top level. They've also apparently smashed their delicate wage structure to keep Salah around, quite possibly causing dressing room unrest. By what possible metric do they "look a lot stronger going into next year"?
It’s known as the Echo Metric.

The one thing I don't get in all these transfers is the amount of detail the media and fans have about the wages.
I would have thought contract details were confidential so are we all just guessing.
My wife has never asked or known what I earn, never asked me I don't think (could change if she wanted a divorce I suspect)
Is there a requirement that football clubs have to disclose?
Some guesswork, but it is often agents boasting.
Full contract details lodged with PL and, I think, PFA. Bound to leak.

The one thing I don't get in all these transfers is the amount of detail the media and fans have about the wages.
I would have thought contract details were confidential so are we all just guessing.
My wife has never asked or known what I earn, never asked me I don't think (could change if she wanted a divorce I suspect)
Is there a requirement that football clubs have to disclose?
There’s definitely no requirement for details of individuals being outlined. There is for player salaries (a total figure for all the squad) being shown in the club’s annual report but as it doesn’t show individuals, it doesn’t give much away.
There’s often big differences in contract reporting because some contracts can be a more incentive based than others. One news platform will give the guaranteed salary and another will give the potential number should all the potential bonuses be attained. And some bonuses are a lot more doable than others!

Salah signing a new contract is great news, I can't believe they are stupid enough to let this happen.
This is the end of that lot. They already look weaker than last season

Not sure how serious this is.

Salah was already there. They haven't added him. They've lost Mane, one of their most crucial game winners, and brought in a promising striker who is utterly untested at the top level. They've also apparently smashed their delicate wage structure to keep Salah around, quite possibly causing dressing room unrest. By what possible metric do they "look a lot stronger going into next year"?
If Nuno or whatever he’s called is as good as Mane which is unlikely, they’ve stood still while paying more in wages, that’s about as positive as you can make this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.