5 home games 21/22 to be able to buy a ticket for United game !?

You might struggle for Leeds if your daughter doesn’t have her own membership.

It says one per member for that game and must have attended at least one previous game. Although it doesn’t specify it needs to have been last season, unlike United and Liverpool.
hmm, she does have a membership, but i didn't take her last year purely as a post covid thing. I resumed games last year but not with her. she has been going for2 games a year for about 6 years though. fingers crossed i guess.

I'm not having a go but I'm surprised it's that low. I'm actually shocked that it was only 3 previously.
I know this is asking a lot of City's ticketing software(!) but you would imagine they had the numbers available on multiple attendance by Cityzen members when they set this figure. I still wouldn't be surprised if it's lowered to four to get the tickets sold out, don't forget that most of our "hard-core" supporters will have S/Ts and the numbers who attend 6 or more games per season may not be as many as you think.

Imagine people being annoyed that you only want to attend the big games and city are putting a stop to it. Maybe this season you might make the effort to attend more games and fill our stadium for the less attractive games. I have a friend who went to 17/19 games last season on a citizens card, costing them about £1000 in match ticket costs. They'll probably do the same this season. Loyalty should be rewarded

I know this is asking a lot of City's ticketing software(!) but you would imagine they had the numbers available on multiple attendance by Cityzen members when they set this figure. I still wouldn't be surprised if it's lowered to four to get the tickets sold out, don't forget that most of our "hard-core" supporters will have S/Ts and the numbers who attend 6 or more games per season may not be as many as you think.
6 or more mabe, but I'd expect many matchday members that live away from Manchester to average around 5 or 6. I'm in Scotland and aim for 6 last year we only did 5. There aren't that many matchday tickets available and there will be less tickets than fans that do more than 5 games.

Last edited:
To be fair it does tell you there may be restrictions for certain games.

——

. *Some games may be on restricted sale, which requires supporters to have previously attended fixtures at the Etihad Stadium. Please check before purchasing membership for a specific game.

———

Although there was no way of checking before specific games unless you held off buying the membership until today.

To the American guy. I wouldn’t give up hope just yet. My guess is they won’t sell out the full 8,000 or whatever it is with that quite restrictive criteria. Every chance it might drop to 4 or 3 games maybe.
Wasn't this caveat added in later? I don't remember seeing it when I purchased membership in May. It doesn't really affect me because I wasn't planning to try to buy tickets for the Rag/Dipper games but this moving the goalposts after people have paid for memberships is a bit naughty. Definitely makes membership less worthwhile.

6 or more mabe, but I'd expect many matchday members that live away from Manchester to average around 5 or 6. I'm in Scotland and aim for 6 last year we only did 5. There aren't that many matchday tickets available and there will be less tickets than fans that do more than 5 games.
I think this season may see a reduced demand with the combined effect of the cost of living problems, higher ticket prices for the biggest games plus the travel/hotel costs going up as well. It wouldn't surprise me if a significant number opted for watching these games on tv.

I think this season may see a reduced demand with the combined effect of the cost of living problems, higher ticket prices for the biggest games plus the travel/hotel costs going up as well. It wouldn't surprise me if a significant number opted for watching these games on tv.
Yes ,hotel costs especially. For myself we'll travel to as many games I think but not stay over as often.

Wasn't this caveat added in later? I don't remember seeing it when I purchased membership in May. It doesn't really affect me because I wasn't planning to try to buy tickets for the Rag/Dipper games but this moving the goalposts after people have paid for memberships is a bit naughty. Definitely makes membership less worthwhile.
Think it's always been the case for some games.

Very true. It's impossible to keep everyone happy.

The one thing i reckon we can all agree on is the points system should be looked at seen as it's still in place and it's meaningless at the minute.

I read on bluemoon constantly about away fans being in the home section ( doesn't worry me as I have been in the home seats at many away matches)
The attendance criteria is one way of perhaps lessening that.
It would be crazy to implement a system that benefitted people who attend minimum games . That would be carnage.

I live in Stoke on Trent (yes it's as bad as you think) and I very rarely get the opportunity to get to more than 2 or 3 games a season. The 5 game rule for Liverpool or United is shit personally speaking.

But if you only go to 2 games why should one of them be the biggest game of the Season.
Sounds like me me me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.