Raheem Sterling

Interesting Tuchel comments:

Asked when he first decided to buy SterlingTuchel said: “Every time we played against him. He’s horrible to play against, horrible!

“The main point is his intensity and the amount of repetition of intensity that he delivers. This is simply outstanding over the last few years. It’s not about his goalscoring in the last season, it’s not about his performance against us. It’s, of course, eye-catching when he plays against you - he caused huge trouble when he played against us.

And once you dig deeper into his data and not only statistics in his goal involvements, but into his intensity, high-speed intensity, over 30kms an hour, and the amount of repetitive intensity, it’s outstanding. It’s exactly what we need to raise the level of our players, so that they understand what is needed. That’s why we were so sure and why he was for us top of the list.”

Asked how quickly he asked new owner Todd Boehly to land Sterling, Tuchel added: “He was top of the list. He was the absolute number one for that position. I gave his name to Todd straight away, as we analysed the season, Todd and Behdad Eghbali, our owners, in the first week after the end of the season.

“I was not surprised we could get him. On a one-year contract you always have a chance and you can always have a go. It’s the same for us. Sometimes you have to make strategic decisions. When we were aware of it for us it was clear that we would try.”

Sterling was man of the match last time Tuchel faced Sterling in the 1-0 City win in January

I am sure that stat comparison was used about Aguero and Jesus btw ;)
You are not wrong.

One high profile poster on the early "sell Aguero" bandwagon had a spreadsheet that "proved" we were better off when he didn't play than when he did :)

Last edited:
“The main point is his intensity and the amount of
Asked how quickly he asked new owner Todd Boehly to land Sterling, Tuchel added: “He was top of the list. He was the absolute number one for that position. I gave his name to Todd straight away, as we analysed the season, Todd and Behdad Eghbali, our owners, in the first week after the end of the season.

“I was not surprised we could get him. On a one-year contract you always have a chance and you can always have a go. It’s the same for us. Sometimes you have to make strategic decisions. When we were aware of it for us it was clear that we would try.”

Sterling was man of the match last time Tuchel faced Sterling in the 1-0 City win in January
Arab Co-owner?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.