Stockport County

Countys attendances over the years has been awful , circa 2000 during the 80s , and that was with Friday Night is County night and the crowd boosted by mostly city and a few united

When they were on the verge of going out of business i saw stickers and posters all round cheadle saying along the lines of SUPPORT
YOUR LOCAL CLUB. IF COUNTY CAN GET 5000 PER MATCH WE CAN STAY IN BUSINESS. They got no where near that

The 80s was 40 years ago now. Right now and over the last few years they are getting very good crowds, considering they were in non league. Bigger then lots of league clubs

I don’t see how you can criticise their attendances considering they were on the brink of disappearing and the level they are at. A conference/ league 2 club getting more support is great.

Last edited:
The 80s was 40 years ago now. Right now and over the last few years they are getting very good crowds, considering they were in non league. Bigger then lots of league clubs

I don’t see how you can criticise their attendances considering they were on the brink of disappearing and the level they are at. A conference/ league 2 club getting more support is great.
Im not criticising, they just dont have a good core support, as you said

I think its amazing they are getting 10k now , really good.

Fuck em. Fuck Stockport. All about City :-D

Will soon tail off when they are lingering around the bottom half.
Theyll lose half the reds that are now county fans as they ‘have fallen out of love with prem football and enjoying lower leagues’ …… translated;

“I chose united because they won everything, when they went a but shit i jumped on the fc united bandwagon, but they are also shit now. County seem to be doing ok now so i’ll have a bit of that. Unless of course they struggle, in which case ill jump ship again. Maybe macc town if theyre still doing well. I am basically only interested in a team if they win things. Im
Not prepared to back a losing team. Oh and the womens team were fuckin brilliant. Go lionesses!!!”

Theyll lose half the reds that are now county fans as they ‘have fallen out of love with prem football and enjoying lower leagues’ …… translated;

“I chose united because they won everything, when they went a but shit i jumped on the fc united bandwagon, but they are also shit now. County seem to be doing ok now so i’ll have a bit of that. Unless of course they struggle, in which case ill jump ship again. Maybe macc town if theyre still doing well. I am basically only interested in a team if they win things. Im
Not prepared to back a losing team. Oh and the womens team were fuckin brilliant. Go lionesses!!!”

I know a fair few who have done this, which is laughable as they never went before.

Also, the ones who claim they are county but are off watching Premier league teams all of a sudden have gone back to watching county towards the end of last season.

Glory hunters.

In the 80's City used to get 20,000.
The attendance for the 10-1 game was 19,583
Did we? I was there were you.? 20 k OK maybe people did not have disposable money at the time. I don't go anymore it's to expensive. Where wre you when you were shit the opposition sing. Probably at the match but yes I don't go anymore. It does not make me less of a City fan.
It's hard man. Men have family's and need to put bread on the table. To take my two boys and myself costs about £200. It is an expensive day out.

Did we? I was there were you.? 20 k OK maybe people did not have disposable money at the time. I don't go anymore it's to expensive. Where wre you when you were shit the opposition sing. Probably at the match but yes I don't go anymore. It does not make me less of a City fan.
It's hard man. Men have family's and need to put bread on the table. To take my two boys and myself costs about £200. It is an expensive day out.
I was there every week home and away.
We weren't alone.
New Years Day at Villa Park 1986. 5 years after Villa won the European Cup. 14,000 there including 4,000 Blues.
Chelsea getting the same numbers too and the Geordies pre Keegan weren't far behind....
City's end of season final 3 home games 85 / 86 season attendances:
v Arsenal 19,500
v Forest 19,715
v Luton 20,361

I was there every week home and away.
We weren't alone.
New Years Day at Villa Park 1986. 5 years after Villa won the European Cup. 14,000 there including 4,000 Blues.
Chelsea getting the same numbers too and the Geordies pre Keegan weren't far behind....
City's end of season final 3 home games 85 / 86 season attendances:
v Arsenal 19,500
v Forest 19,715
v Luton 20,361
No need to mention the Luton game mate. :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.