Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I can’t quite get my head around where that is. If it’s where my noggin thinks it is I can’t understand how it appears so big.
If you come out of 115 and start to exit the ground, you have the toilets in the left and the big empty space on the right where they added a few beer carts. Looks like it’s just there.

If you come out of 115 and start to exit the ground, you have the toilets in the left and the big empty space on the right where they added a few beer carts. Looks like it’s just there.
Looking forward to this.

Those beer carts were a welcome addition, but not really enough. They often ran out.

Another proper bar will be a godsend.

South Stand Disco! :-)

It's not really a disco, but it has got a DJ both.

Most of you who stand in South Stand Level 1 will know this area as the large void as you come into the stadium through the turnstiles.

Most of the time it's empty apart from when it's used on match days for a place to have a chat, a drink, to eat some food, and for the kids play football. At full time it's just an exit out of the stadium. It's also been used as a storage place at times. Last season it had a couple of beer carts located there.

Look at it now!

Don't shoot the messenger. This is what I was told during a general conversation about it. Some of it maybe correct. Some of it maybe incorrect.

The area is going to be open to the fans on level 1. I asked if it was corporate. I was told it wasn't. Obviously we'll find out at the first home game. The area will remain open for 2 hours after the game is over. As you can see from the pictures there's a full length bar along the right hand side wall. Seating/terracing in both corners, close to the concourse. Tables and chairs are on the left hand side. The DJ both is also on the left hand side. I don't know if the toilets are still there or not. I didn't go that far in to have a look. I don't know what's happening with the turnstiles.

A couple of slight duplicate pictures.

DSC02462.jpg

DSC02459.jpg

DSC02461.jpg

DSC02468.jpg

DSC02470.jpg

DSC02463.jpg

DSC02464.jpg

DSC02465.jpg

DSC02467.jpg

DSC02466.jpg
That looks mint! Assuming it’s open to all of us in 115 and not some shit quasi-corporate area.

Looking forward to this.

Those beer carts were a welcome addition, but not really enough. They often ran out.

Another proper bar will be a godsend.
Yeah made a big difference getting a beer around 115 when they added those in, but like you say was a half hearted attempt at solving that problem. Hopefully this gives that area a real focal point for the fans in 115/116 rather than next to the fence by the away fans singing at a giant metal fence.

Granted, I’ve only stood in SSL1 half a dozen times, but it somehow looks three times the size of what was there before in those pictures. Amazing use of space, looks like City have done a great job there!

Yeah made a big difference getting a beer around 115 when they added those in, but like you say was a half hearted attempt at solving that problem. Hopefully this gives that area a real focal point for the fans in 115/116 rather than next to the fence by the away fans singing at a giant metal fence.
Hopefully it'll stop the scruffs smoking in those toilets as well...

And since they put perspex sheeting against the metal fence we can't even throw pints at the away fans that we paid 5 quid and queued up for 30 mins for! Bah humbug.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.