Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like Chelsea are going in all guns blazing and trying to snap up whoever is available, It's not like they have a plan in place or a structure going forward they are just signing players for the sake of it.
I thing there is a bit of arrogance in some of our fans reactions to Chelsea's acquisitions. There is nothing scattergun about what they are doing. Chelsea, like any top club should have it's sights set in winning the league. And to that effect, doing whatever is needed to bridge the perceived gap between them and those ahead of the.. which in this case is City and Pool.

The plan is to upgrade weak positions. And that can't be that hard. Seeing as they have weaknesses all over. Forward who don't score, wingers who aren't effective. Aging CMs and Departed defenders.

It is no surprise they are making lots of additions

Sterling upgrades their winger position. Ziyech, Pulicic, and Werner. So it's a no brainer.

Koulibally is an upgrade on anyone they had. Not to mention the lost 3 CBs and are down to a 37 year old as the only true CB.

Cucurella is an upgrade on Chilwell (perhaps) and definitely an upgrade on Alonzo... Who by the way is trying to leave.

DeJong and Aubamayeng will be upgrades on Werner and Jorghino. And Fifana simply replaces Christiansen.

They are gunning for us. And their best chance of success involves retooling the squad. So far they seem to be buying players everyone rates.

What's not to like?

I thing there is a bit of arrogance in some of our fans reactions to Chelsea's acquisitions. There is nothing scattergun about what they are doing. Chelsea, like any top club should have it's sights set in winning the league. And to that effect, doing whatever is needed to bridge the perceived gap between them and those ahead of the.. which in this case is City and Pool.

The plan is to upgrade weak positions. And that can't be that hard. Seeing as they have weaknesses all over. Forward who don't score, wingers who aren't effective. Aging CMs and Departed defenders.

Sterling upgrades their winger position. Ziyech, Pulicic, and Werner. So it's a no brainer.

Koulibally is an upgrade on anyone they had. Not to mention the lost 3 CBs and are down to a 37 year old as the only true CB.

Cucurella is an upgrade on Chilwell (perhaps) and definitely an upgrade on Alonzo... Who by the way is trying to leave.

DeJong and Aubamayeng will be upgrades on Werner and Jorghino. And Fifana simply replaces Christiansen.

They are gunning for us. And there best chance of success involves retooling the squad. So far they seem to be buying players everyone rates.
It's not arrogance, it's an opinion. Liverpool will be strong, Spurs will be strong. Chelsea will be a mess IMO.

Koulibaly is not much of an upgrade on Rudiger, if at all.
Cucurella is an upgrade yes but £63m on an unnecessary player when they still have huge holes in the squad? Hm.
IF they sign de Jong and Aubameyang they will be good players but Auba is hardly a guaranteed success and Frenkie will be on monstrous wages. Also Frenkie is another player they don't really need when there are others they do.

Scattergun is absolutely the correct way to describe them with the number of targets they have gone through.

Koundé, Kimpembe, Aké, Dembélé, Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Neymar, Raphinha, de Ligt, Jesus, Laporte, Gnabry

They are going for every big name on the market and failing on most of them, their transfer strategy does NOT scream "I have a plan, I know what I'm doing", it screams "scattergun".

My prediction is they will miss out on top 4 and Tuchel will be the first top 6 manager to lose their job.

Some Bluemooners really showed themselves up in this thread. Part of a horrible trend towards entitlement and ragism. Was embarrassing to read at some points and the treatment of some visiting Brighton fans was shameful. Blue on Blue abuse is also increasingly evident (really got going on the Grealish transfer thread last year) Not just new posters either.
Isnt that part of being a football fan, we would always try to stick up for your own team.
I will admit that the treatment and comnents i recieved on here were not bad, but some of the comnents from a few of the Brighton fans decerved a shitty response.

It's not arrogance, it's an opinion. Liverpool will be strong, Spurs will be strong. Chelsea will be a mess IMO.

Koulibaly is not much of an upgrade on Rudiger, if at all.
Cucurella is an upgrade yes but £63m on an unnecessary player when they still have huge holes in the squad? Hm.
IF they sign de Jong and Aubameyang they will be good players but Auba is hardly a guaranteed success and Frenkie will be on monstrous wages. Also Frenkie is another player they don't really need when there are others they do.

Scattergun is absolutely the correct way to describe them with the number of targets they have gone through.

Koundé, Kimpembe, Aké, Dembélé, Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Neymar, Raphinha, de Ligt, Jesus, Laporte, Gnabry

They are going for every big name on the market and failing on most of them, their transfer strategy does NOT scream "I have a plan, I know what I'm doing", it screams "scattergun".

My prediction is they will miss out on top 4 and Tuchel will be the first top 6 manager to lose their job.
Exactly how I see it, not to mention that they've not actually bought De Jong or Aubamayeng yet. They've missed out on so many this window by all accounts that it's certainly no given they'll get them. I would add Arsenal as a stronger team this season too. City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs would be my guess for final standings with 3rd & 4th maybe swapping places. The rags and Chelsea will be fighting the chasing pack for Europa League places.

They are gunning for us. And their best chance of success involves retooling the squad. So far they seem to be buying players everyone rates.

What's not to like?
Couldn’t be more wrong

They started targeting him with the long diagonal ball and it was working
We already know the deal. Clubs kept doing the same to us when Zin played LB. Hopefully Arsenal will get Tierney fit & play Zin in midfield where he'll be less exposed & less of a liability.

It wasn't lost on me that Arsenal regained control of the match after Zinchenko was substituted. Palace continued with the long balls out wide, but Tierney gobbled them up & setup counters which put Palace on the back foot & led to Arsenal's second goal.

I wish Zin all the best, but I fear his pace fallibilities will continue to be exposed at LB.

What's not to like?
I don't think it's an arrogance at all, More surprising that Chelsea have spent £63m on Cucurella, They bought Chilwell for around the £50m mark too. It's funny though because when we do it we are ruining football and it shouldn't be allowed happen, When Chelsea do it "It's good business".

If Abramovic was in charge It's a given that that identify 3 or 4 players in a window and go out and get them and get it done early never any fucking about.

This new owener has come on and they are making bids for literally anybody, Kimpembe, Kounde, Raphina, Ake ect It seems like the time Sheikh had just taken over and we were bidding for everyone to make a statement doesn't matter who we get as long as we sign players. Chelsea should be long long past that stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.