It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Might have already been mentioned, and probably bollocks... But Chilwell linked to us for a last minute move this morning.
OMG Chilwell, another SICK NOTE. We need players that are going to be able to play, not on the side-lines, injured, watching us getting fatigued because we lack squad depth.

No you misunderstood. I think Cancelo should go 100%……it’s not planning to sign a replacement and our general LB issue that I’m unhappy about.
How can the club forsee that a player kicked off and wanted to leave only 4 days ago?

We all know City plan signings well in advance but sometimes something happens with a player that means plans change.

No doub City have full back targets for the future it's a question of whether can can do a deal with one of the targets tiday

Reactions: CC1
We don't need a lot of players, we need three key, top shelf ones.

A top class midfielder, a full-back for both sides.

Pep has made his mind up on Rico, as he has done on Ake. He loves Jack.

Walker won't be going anywhere just yet.

Phillips isn't going anywhere, nor Mahrez and Pep wants Gundo to stay for another year.

Anything else is dependent on Laporte and Bernie leaving in the summer.

Foden will become even more important and receive extra responsibility.

City spend £300m this summer on quality not quantity.
That’s good to hear because I don’t understand the ones on here that want Walker gone all of a sudden. But with the emergence of Rico thought we’d be ok on the right, unless we see Rico actually play in midfield? That’s saying a top right back comes in.

Gundo for an extra year makes so much sense as well.

A lot of people think we will go after a winger but im not so sure, Alvarez will be getting a new contract and want assurances on playing time so may see him play wide, Mahrez and Jack and clearly staying I don’t think there is room for a Leao just yet.

I hope Bellingham is the top class midfielder, he really is a special talent.

We don't need a lot of players, we need three key, top shelf ones.

A top class midfielder, a full-back for both sides.

Pep has made his mind up on Rico, as he has done on Ake. He loves Jack.

Walker won't be going anywhere just yet.

Phillips isn't going anywhere, nor Mahrez and Pep wants Gundo to stay for another year.

Anything else is dependent on Laporte and Bernie leaving in the summer.

Foden will become even more important and receive extra responsibility.

City spend £300m this summer on quality not quantity.
I agree quality is most important. And I maybe none of the players I mention are good enough. I don’t really watch anyone other than City so I don’t know.

However no point in spending money if we don’t need to. So i suggest some free transfers.

Even on your more conservative numbers in and out. We are still looking at a hefty bill and a number of possible surprises. What if Laporte and Bernie leave ? What if Gundogan doesn’t extend. What if someone else wants out. Why not get someone on a free now if good enough even if we don’t need them desperately ready for maybe next summer. We got Akanji seemingly not needing a CB and everyone was surprised and he is now a bargain and key with fullback issues I would normally go for as few changes as possible like yourselves but others seem to be very worried about the age of players or want a new toy.

For example look at the left backs on the list a lot of people want maybe even two left backs you suggest one for each side. Why not get two left backs on a free and a right back if you want. I would be ok if we stick with what we have at RB. Can Loan Gomez if needed was he not supposed to be a CFG singing originally. I still think he will come good though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.