It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I wouldn’t even consider selling Ake unless an offer well over £75m arrived and he wanted to leave. He’s going to be one of the best defenders in the world. Has absolutely everything necessary. He started to show what he’s capable of this season and he’s only going to improve.

James is a good fullback, but he’s not worth anything close to the value of Ake and Sterling. I wouldn’t even straight swap him for Ake. If we can get £50m for Sterling then that would be fair with one year left on his contract. We should have more than enough financial wiggle room to be able to sign a decent replacement.
I like Ake, but £75m really? only the rags would pay that amount for him and there is no way City would sell them Ake.

I wouldn’t even consider selling Ake unless an offer well over £75m arrived and he wanted to leave. He’s going to be one of the best defenders in the world. Has absolutely everything necessary. He started to show what he’s capable of this season and he’s only going to improve.

James is a good fullback, but he’s not worth anything close to the value of Ake and Sterling. I wouldn’t even straight swap him for Ake. If we can get £50m for Sterling then that would be fair with one year left on his contract. We should have more than enough financial wiggle room to be able to sign a decent replacement.
Lol.. Take £55m and replace.

It's not though really, is it.

We are selling players on the fringes, non-starters.

Raz, Gabby, Ake, Zin, Steffen, Torres, Bazunu, Fern, Gyani, Egan-Riley, Edozie, Porro.

That's almost £285m right there. All not guaranteed starters or fringe squad.

Haaland, Alvarez and Phillips in so far @ £110m.

Cucurella and more to follow.

It's a window for the ages.
Do we recon this is pep getting the house in order before he leaves or that he’s ready for another 3/4 year stint? Either way is great planning by the club AGAIN

Last edited:
hPep doesn't even use one in some games. So don't really see the relevance.

I am sure Reece or Kyle would be buzzing though to hear, "yeah your gonna be on the bench but because we get 5 subs you might get on".
I knew some would come up with this argument. Its all about player game time & not running them into the ground.

I knew some would come up with this argument. Its all about player game time & not running them into the ground.

especially given walkers age and that ankle injury might need protecting going forward? He has also stated he wants to end his career at sheffield united before he retires? Sometimes things are just about opportunity and when they come along taking it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.