PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The closest you get to see about how the club feels will be clear to see in Pep’s demeanour in Fridays press conference. If he is bullish he’s been given good, strong news, which he believes, if he isn’t then god help us
If he looks fed up it will be because all of his achievements at City are currently being tarnished and he knows anything else he wins whilst this is still going on (which could be years so potentially the rest of his time here) will be disparaged too. On top of that he has to motivate players who will probably be feeling the same, that any trophies they win now will be discredited and in the worst case scenario could have them retrospectively taken away.

Pep has had to deal with this scrutiny the whole time he has been in England. The constant attempts by the media to play down his achievements and attribute all of our success to money whilst ignoring what our rivals spend. He was even asked if he had taken secret payments after we had just won the domestic treble. Then we were banned by UEFA and he was left to defend the club publicly against journalists who were once again questioning the legitimacy of our titles. And now this.

I don't think Pep's demeanour in Friday's press conference will be indicative of how the club feels about our chances. Even if they have told him they're confident, I would be surprised if he doesn't look beaten down by it all to be honest. Trying to build a winning team and maintain such high standards is challenging enough without all these other distractions.

The seriousness for both parties is enormous, I don't think a lot of people on here realise that.

Exactly. Much as we don't want to admit it, City are small fry in all if this, a minor investment in the grander scheme of things.

Reputational damage extends beyond the Club and I don't believe the Premier League have truly digested what the ramifications are for years to come.

I suspect Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour will want to be heard personally by these spunk bubble fuck-wits.

The club is confident, so we should be.

It will take years to come to a conclusion and we'll clear our name once and for all.

With this, according to many accounts, likely being dragged out for potentially years what do we think this will do to our efforts in the transfer market?

I would imagine players and their agents might think ‘I could move to City but this is hanging over them and I can’t guarantee an outcome either way’, or ‘I could move to team x where they are plodding along as normal with no threat of relegation’.

I have seen Tolmie saying business as per and we will blow Chelsea out of the water in the summer. It never quite works out like that though look at last summer sign Haaland and Alvarez get us excited that we finally have strikers to add to our squad, then sell the squad

Just wondered what we do if this waiting for a verdict lasts 4 years and we are trying to buy the big names who may not want the hassle.

Gutted about this.

Still have 59 pages to catch up and have to leave work. Try again tomorrow!!

finally caught up think we will all feel a lot better on friday when pep confirms his commitment to the club. that alone will tell me hes been assured we have done nothing wrong. as many have pointed out both parties seem to have to much to lose in this and i can only see some form of deal being reached otherwise this will drag on for maybe another 10 years if not more as i just cant see city accepting any kind of punishment that makes us look guilty and will go as far as possible no matter how long it takes.

One thing is abundantly clear, the burden of proof is so high for the Premier League, I fail to see how the panel reaches it.

They would need to physically have former players waiting outside in the corridor to give evidence against us.

And if they had that, we would have known it in the four years we have dragged it out and it would never have gone this far.

It's a final Hail Mary, yet still predicated on non-compliance and when we are comfortable showing the supporting documents.

BDO will stand with us, as will all our sponsors and investors.

And that's before we discuss in essence, the temerity to put Khaldoon in the dock and him supposedly complicit in mass financial fraud.

The damage to his reputation alone and the boards he sits on would necessitate him to personally seek legal recourse.

It's a can of worms.
The Burden of Proof in a Court of Law is “ Beyond Reasonable Doubt”

I believe at PL/FA hearings its way lower than “On the balance of probability”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.