PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I think the quotes about a quick outcome say it all. The hateful eight want us gone…. They have grabbed at any possible charges, don’t give a shit about the facts, have no interest in a fair hearing….pretty much like UEFA and what a bunch of cunts they looked at CAS with their photocopied emails from Der Spiegel.

We need to refrain from the whataboutery, life is full of it and is ignored as and when required.

Don't bother wasting oxygen with people on Twitter or armchair fiscal experts.

When things are serious, people such as President Biden have to jump on a plane to Saudi and fist-bump the Crown Prince to beg for more oil.

Or Trump travels to Abu Dhabi and is told where to sit by Sheikh Mansour.

This is so much bigger than City if it comes to it.

If we think the UK is in trouble now, wait until Sunak picks up the blower and is told £50bn is being invested elsewhere.
without a doubt here tolmie. I honestly think the premier league have underestimated us and overstated themselves and the importance of people from abu dhabi to the uk unlike people like the glazers. This will be a big blow up in their own face if you ask me.

I think the quotes about a quick outcome say it all. The hateful eight want us gone…. They have grabbed at any possible charges, don’t give a shit about the facts, have no interest in a fair hearing….pretty much like UEFA and what a bunch of cunts they looked at CAS with their photocopied emails from Der Spiegel.

Everyone will want a quick outcome to be honest - There's a reason the right to a speedy trial is a basic human right!

What is painfully clear from this thread is that the vast majority have never had any dealings with the dibble, tax authorities, regulators etc and assume charges are equivalent to guilt
I’ve had dealings with all three, many times, spurious and vexatious allegations each time. I’ve run fucking rings around them every time when it came to a substantive hearing and I could calmly probe my innocence. These people aren’t really that bright and are as susceptible to bias and external pressure as anyone else
And I’m just a nobody from a shithole like Longsight. Imagine what someone like Khaldoon has access to?
For all those wet wipes who think just because we have been charged we must be guilty, I would suggest you don’t post on this thread again until you grow a bit of hair on your balls

I have a legal case with my ex employer where some of the accusations put to me in a public forum were factually incorrect. However, because of their bias & blind spots they never hesitated. I would respond with facts but never under estimate when someone starts out looking for bad practice (especially when under applied pressure) they will continue. They also showed contempt to the impacts this can have on others as the further they go in they are no longer impartial as they have to prove they are right to save face.

Arteta would be my guess he has the inside knowledge and motive.

I think that’s unfair. Arteta was only assistant coach and not at the pay grade to know confidential stuff implied by the charges. He was only at City from 2016 to 2019 and Pep would likely have known much more than him. Two things though. If you’re innocent of the charges then there would be nothing for someone to ‘grass’. Secondly, I doubt you’d be pointing the finger at Arteta if Arsenal were currently mid table.

Personally, I think the suggestion that there is some kind of ‘grass’ out there is nonsense.

We need to refrain from the whataboutery, life is full of it and is ignored as and when required.

Don't bother wasting oxygen with people on Twitter or armchair fiscal experts.

When things are serious, people such as President Biden have to jump on a plane to Saudi and fist-bump the Crown Prince to beg for more oil.

Or Trump travels to Abu Dhabi and is told where to sit by Sheikh Mansour.

This is so much bigger than City if it comes to it.

If we think the UK is in trouble now, wait until Sunak picks up the blower and is told £50bn is being invested elsewhere.
Is that really like to happen though? I'd love to see us wipe the floor with the PL and a large number of the clubs in it. But I see the arguements boiling into the political sphere in that way.

We just need to clear ourselves in court and sue the pants off them, or at least take everyone else down with us. We need to expose this whole debacle for what it is, a jealous and bitter response by a self entitled group. No getting off on any technicalities caused by political manoeuvrings.

I think they hope, rather than believe. I don’t think that’s going to happen.

While I’m apprehensive to say with absolute confidence that it won’t happen, it would be ludicrous to apply a sporting penalty like title stripping as punishment for a crime like financial mismanagement at the club level. The amount of collateral damage it would do to the careers and honours of individual players who have done nothing wrong would be untenable.

I get title stripping for offences of a sporting nature like corruption and doping because they are literally altering the outcomes of individual matches but I don’t think I’ve ever seen it for what amounts to board malpractice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.