PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Is it possible that false accounting in the early years could have triggered further years of incorrect accounts to conceal what had initially reported?

Could that cause nine years false accounts?

Apologies btw I’m trying to understand something I really don’t have a clue about.

Last edited:
Even if we have broken a rule we still have done nothing wrong. The narrative that, if we have broken a rule, we deserve to be relegated is nonsense even if that is the end result. All blues need to remember that.

We haven’t bribed officials or stolen money. We have invested in a football club and developed an area of East Manchester. That is something to be proud of not punished as “cheats”

Never forget. Never join in with… if we are found to have broken the rules we must be heavily punished. It’s utter crap and I would say that whether it was City or not. Every fan of every other club would love our owners.
Bang on mate…..the way the masses are comparing us with Juventus when they were done for match fixing is a joke, we’ve done nothing like that, just like you say our ‘crime’ is to spend money to improve our team.

Mancini was a City employee. We'd have had a big say in any side employment he had. And I assume we'd want everything to be above board. But the Mancini issue is less than £1.5m a year over 3 years. It's nothing. Doesn't make any difference one way or another. At the very worst we might get hit with a £0.5m fine. And that's the very worst.
Like you, I see the Mancini allegations as being a footnote in all of this, along with the charges of non-cooperation. I see the most serious charge as being the first one - that we gave dishonest accounts over a nine-year period. The charges relating to FFP and profit/sustainability clearly stem from the first (and most serious) charge. I don't feel, however, that this will be an allegation with criminal implications. I think that the auditors did their job and the right amount of money was declared for tax/accounting purposes. I think that this relates to image rights payments and the sources of funding for our sponsorships. The charges for failing FFP and P/S are not, in the view of the PL, severe enough to account for the fact that we deliberately misled them. FFP and P/S can be failed through carelessness. The first charge, therefore, is as much about morality as it is about technical infringements.

The super league, Qatar buying united, as me week as us hitting the headlines. Press briefed before hand… its like it’s all been stage managed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.