Golf Thread

Got the women's golf on in the background (not sure why, to be honest; watching paint dry would run golf close in terms of excitement for me). Something that's always puzzled me. Why are players from the far east so dominant in the women's game, but are infrequently seen at the top of the scoreboard in the men's game?

Going to give this a go again this year. Going straight in at the deep end with a 27 hole day on Sunday, a mate has dropped out of on a little tournament that they organised. Went to the range yesterday and like always, liked some shots and didn't like others. Will see how Sunday goes!

Already thinking about an upgrade as ive got decade old clubs (probably older) and something nice and shiny would probably get me out there more often. Going to get some lessons sorted as well.

Been looking around online and came across a few sets that seem to get good reviews but anyone here able to advise on any of these below. I want to spend around 250-300 on a set of irons basically.

Cobra King 2017 Forged Tec Iron Set - £210
4-PW+GW KBS STIFF

Wilson Staff D7 Forged Iron Set - £320
5-PW, KBS $-Taper Lite 95 Steel Shaft

PXG Gen 3 0311 T/STcombo irons KBS $ Taper 120 Stiff - £300
0311 T - 5 iron
0311 ST - 6-PW

Ping i500 Irons - £310
6-PW + UW. (1/2 inch shorter) this is a bit of a rogue one as ive not been fitted for clubs so this might be a terrible choice!

Cobra King Tec Forged One Length Black Irons Steel Shafts - £280 brand new.
5-PW
Can’t really advise because don’t know your swing speeds , shot shape ect. I would go and pay for an Iron fitting . Ben at Manchester golf club fitted me for driver & putter but does irons , wedges ect . He charged me I think £70 . He gave me all my recommended specs which I then used to buy the driver & putter of a pro shop on the internet.

If you're close to Warrington get down to Cash 4 clubs, it's an amazing second hand shop that have thousands of sets/clubs at all price points. They do a 14 day exchange as well so if they don't suit you can change them.

Going to give this a go again this year. Going straight in at the deep end with a 27 hole day on Sunday, a mate has dropped out of on a little tournament that they organised. Went to the range yesterday and like always, liked some shots and didn't like others. Will see how Sunday goes!

Already thinking about an upgrade as ive got decade old clubs (probably older) and something nice and shiny would probably get me out there more often. Going to get some lessons sorted as well.

Been looking around online and came across a few sets that seem to get good reviews but anyone here able to advise on any of these below. I want to spend around 250-300 on a set of irons basically.

Cobra King 2017 Forged Tec Iron Set - £210
4-PW+GW KBS STIFF

Wilson Staff D7 Forged Iron Set - £320
5-PW, KBS $-Taper Lite 95 Steel Shaft

PXG Gen 3 0311 T/STcombo irons KBS $ Taper 120 Stiff - £300
0311 T - 5 iron
0311 ST - 6-PW

Ping i500 Irons - £310
6-PW + UW. (1/2 inch shorter) this is a bit of a rogue one as ive not been fitted for clubs so this might be a terrible choice!

Cobra King Tec Forged One Length Black Irons Steel Shafts - £280 brand new.
5-PW

What score do you shoot at the mo and how far do you hit your irons?

Started few years back just after covid lowdown as it was pretty much only sport available! Love it, now play 9 holes once a week due to family life and trying to break the 100 mark now coming down from around 120 when I started!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.