Everton (A) - Sun 14th May, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We must make sure we have height in the team today. We know that they will bombard our box with free kicks and corners. We need Stones, Laporte and Rodri.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see a back four of Stones, Akanji, Dias and Laporte today just to deal with their aerial threat from set pieces. Going to be a tough physical game, so think Rodri and Haaland will also play.

............Ederson.............
...Akanji Dias Laporte...
........Lewis Rodri...........
Alvarez Foden Grealish
Mahrez..Haaland..........

I'd start Haaland, Alvarez, Foden and Grealish so they get a run in preparation for Wednesday... I think each would prefer that.
I'd rest KDB, Gundogan, Ake and Stones
Unfortunately we have to start Rodri if Gundogan is rested.
If we're well up I'd bring on Gomes, Palmer, Perone, Philips, etc from 60 mins on.

The Champs league will never be more important than the Premier league to me , the Champs is a glamour cup where the best team in europe very rarely wins , a combination of luck , referee decisions , VAR and other variables come into play . The title is the undisputed proof of the best team in the league , but our owners want the Champs league above all others , because we have dominated domestically

The only reason i would want to win it is to stop the wind-ups from Forest & Villa and few others about our failure to win the Glamour Cup,even Sheff Utd fans were singing it at the semi-final , its the last stick they have to beat us with , but if you wre giving me a choice i would want a fifth title in six years , ive got a thick skin , "Champions of Europe you'll never do that" , boooooooooooooo.

They, Everton will fancy it today and will see this as their big chance to stay up, Pep and City will not Gamble on playing players with the Madrid game in midweek so many changes in the starting lineup for City, Not saying we will roll over and wave the white flag, our 2nd 11 is good enough to easily finish in the top 6 on its own merit,

But it's the referee and match officials that scare me the most today, they have a free shot at letting everyone kick the shit out of our players, that's why Pep can not gamble with the big players?, the recovery time after a knock is a good week and there is no way your best players can go into the Madrid game carrying a knock
Dyche will absolutely have his players up for this and try to play on our worry of injury to key players. I expect some big challenges in the first 15 that we will need to ride out.

I can’t see us rotating as many as people think, Pep had one eye on this game in midweek when he didn’t make subs.

Ref today will be a big factor but he has booked the most players for time wasting by some margin which we all know is one of Everton’s tactics.

I want to see 11 kids I’ve never even heard of and keep the first team wrapped in cotton wool personally. Will take a draw today.

Philips might even get a few mins if we’re 20-0 up on 85 mins.
I have a strange feeling that Phillips will start today. There isn’t any great logic to it as Pep has demonstrated time and time again that he doesn’t really trust him. It’s just that Rodri has to be at his brilliant best on Wednesday and he needs a rest.

I have a strange feeling that Phillips will start today. There isn’t any great logic to it as Pep has demonstrated time and time again that he doesn’t really trust him. It’s just that Rodri has to be at his brilliant best on Wednesday and he needs a rest.
If he starts today, does well, does that mean we will keep him? Some tough choices ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.