17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in big games like this people too often talk critically about how tired he is and how his passings not on point - he does so much dirty work in these games.

Most of the time he puts in a "sloppy" or bad performance, it's not that he's having an off day, it's that he's just spending 100% of his effort on the ugly stuff. Pressing, covering runs, tracking back, supporting Gundo and Rodri.
I thought he was poor with the ball but without it he was a wrecking ball. Covered every blade of grass in their half the first 30 minutes. Lead a frantic press that set the tone for us blitzing them. Not surprised he was fucked at 70 and if he's going through some kind of personal trauma, then I can only thank him for that effort last night in such circumstances.

I have seen the game again focusing on KDB and I noticed that in the 1st half he run every corner of the pitch with a good pace but more importantly in the 2nd half he made multiple sprints while also pressing a lot every Madrid player.

And some minutes before he was replaced, he was spotted twice to stretch his legs in a way clearly indicating cramps. So there is no injury thankfully.

Sincerely hope it’s just exhaustion, not private issues as he is such a lovely honest guy who gives 100% all the time and is world class, with us lucky to have him. Pep knows, he will manage him

I think we should rest him on Sunday, unless things go awry, keep him fresh for the two Knockout Cup finals, but maybe give him some minutes in the last two PL games, assuming we have that flexibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.