VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-3665.jpg

The fact that Casimero should 100% have walked for that challenge aside, in what universe is that a foul by Akanji?

I'm not sure who is more guilty of cheating here; the Rag or the Ref?

Has to be the ref.

The rag was doing exactly what he is used to doing, ie fouling the opposing player.

The ref can only see a foul by Casimero as he clearly stamps on Akanj's foot , and yet proceeds to award a free kick to the rags.

How in god's name, can that be a free kick to the rags ?

Corruption, or high level bias and /or incompetence ??

Has to be the ref.

The rag was doing exactly what he is used to doing, ie fouling the opposing player.

The ref can only see a foul by Casimero as he clearly stamps on Akanj's foot , and yet proceeds to award a free kick to the rags.

David Coote - "Notts County Fan"

David Coote - "Notts County Fan"

To be honest, there were enough examples in the match to demonstrate that VAR and it's operation by PiGMOL is absolutely not fit for for purpose.

The fact that the incidents were called out by pundits on the BBC ( of all platforms ) imo indicates that people who have played professional football realise what a sham the referees and VAR officials are regularly producing with such disgraceful decisions clearly bringing into question the integrity of the officials.

And it would appear to be no coincidence that united and liverpool often are the beneficiaries of these " questionable decisions ".

Last edited:
Personally I wish with handball they would just say 'hits your hand (below the sleeve) - hand ball every time no matter how it happened. Would it be ludicrous? Yes, to a degree, and would result in a number of unfair pens. But... it would stop people getting away with anything subjective and take away the power the refs have now.
Selfishly it would help us as we are in the opposition box more - but this is more about stopping the refs from getting away with 'subjective calls' on whether the arm was in an 'unnatural position'

Personally I wish with handball they would just say 'hits your hand (below the sleeve) - hand ball every time no matter how it happened. Would it be ludicrous? Yes, to a degree, and would result in a number of unfair pens. But... it would stop people getting away with anything subjective and take away the power the refs have now.
Selfishly it would help us as we are in the opposition box more - but this is more about stopping the refs from getting away with 'subjective calls' on whether the arm was in an 'unnatural position'
What is to stop attacking players purposely smashing the ball at defenders in the hope it hits their hand/arm?

It will become an absolute farce (even more than it is now).

I'd go the opposite way - almost all handballs aren't worth a penalty, so unless it's a really obvious one, no penalty.

To be honest, there were enough examples in the match to demonstrate that VAR and it's operation by PiGMOL is absolutely not fit for for purpose.

The fact that the incidents were called out by pundits on the BBC ( of all platforms ) imo indicates that people who have played professional football realise what a sham the referees and VAR officials are regularly producing with such disgraceful decisions clearly bringing into question the integrity of the officials.

And it would appear to be no coincidence that united and liverpool often are the beneficiaries of these " questionable decisions ".
As another post has alluded I'm struggling to think of when the two clubs that don't have fully implemented VAR in the ground because (insert spurious reason here) have been fucked over by it.

I can think of two "offside" calls at the swamp that the lines were moved for to claim a goal.

Has to be the ref.

How far away was the linesman from this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.