It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

If Leroy took a pay cut to come back, and Pep gave the OK, I'd do the deal.

We all know his talent, but more importantly, he has a point to prove.

Taking the emotion out of it, there's an opportunity to get a truly brilliant footballer, who gives us something we lack presently, who we know won't struggle to settle in the city or at the club, for a reasonable price.

He's one of those players who needs to feel loved. He never has at Bayern. I think he now realises how good he had it here.

Unlike Jesus and Sterling, Leroy has unfinished business.

Sam Lee had a piece just a few days ago about City looking for a winger who isn't in the Sane/Leao mould. He was the first to break the news about Walker wanting to go.

Why must we take a chance on him?

Hes not good enough. It was such a poor transfer decision by us even before this shambles of a season he’s just had.

If we can get Rice with him going the other way it would be an absolute god send.

(Seems a nice guy though and popular with all the players but unfortunately he has to go for me)

I thought the same about Grealish and Akanji…

Sane is top class on his day. If he's spoken to Pep and made his desire known that he wants to come back then I'd do the deal.

He knows how Pep works, there's no guarantees for him and he knows he'll have to work hard to get in the side.

He would give us something completely different with his pace and he can play on both sides. Imagine how many he would setup for Haaland?

You would hope Sane has matured some.

Also, did you see that conversation he had with Pep? Why was Sane in tears? Could it be a sign of his regret at leaving City?

I'm rarely in favour of players coming back but I'd make and exception for Leroy. Hands down the most exciting player to pull on a sky blue shirt in the Mansour era.

He'd add something we don't have at present.

Imagine him, Kev and Erling in counter attacking situations.
I'd rather have Jack's workmate off the ball & think Gnabry on the right wing if Mahrez goes would be a better option.

Really don't understand the hate for Phillips on here.

Yes, very disappointing season from him but he had 2 fairly significant injuries, a world cup thrown in to further hamper his integration and he was also trying to break into the best team on the planet and against the best DM on the planet. A lot of factors there. Yet every time you see him he's positive, smiling, being a good team mate etc. That shows huge mental strength to me.

He wouldn't be the first to sink in season 1 and swim in season 2.

Seems like a gem of a guy, super personality to have in the dressing room and he clearly wants to step up to the challenge and fight for his spot. Give him another season and then rate or slate imo.

I really hope he does the business a la rodri, zinny, Delph, Jack etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.