It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

You would hope Sane has matured some.

Also, did you see that conversation he had with Pep? Why was Sane in tears? Could it be a sign of his regret at leaving City?

I'm rarely in favour of players coming back but I'd make and exception for Leroy. Hands down the most exciting player to pull on a sky blue shirt in the Mansour era.

He'd add something we don't have at present.

Imagine him, Kev and Erling in counter attacking situations.
He knows what he left behind at City, and so he may have a different appreciation now of what it means to play for City and how good he had it first time around.

Thought he played very well against us last season, particularly in the first leg.

I also seem to remember that he visited the CFA for a social call when he was in Manchester last year, so it would appear that he still has some affection for us.

Not for me, I loved him when he was here but
can only really play on the left & can't see him displacing Jack because Jack does the work off the ball

IMO
Sane was brilliant, fast direct etc. but only for 1 game in any 4.
We mostly loved him for those wonderful sparkling moments, they showcased his potential, spoke loud of what might be but they were all the more vivid for the overbearing stretches of meh in between them.
In the other 3 out of 4 he would pout, sulk, disappear for hours at a time and studiously avoid tracking back, much to Pep’s frustration.

I was sad to see the lad sign for Bayern 3 years ago, I thought he might go on to become the world class player that we‘d all hoped for and that he’d terrorise defences across Europe for the next decade while we regretted letting him slip through our fingers.

I shouldn’t have worried, 3 years later and he’s not developed one iota, he’s playing for the dominant team in a weaker league but still not getting the numbers he was chalking up as a young player with ‘potential’ when with us.
Fact is that he’s not only not moved forwards, he’s gone backwards if anything.

He certainly had his moments, he could be effective, and exciting to watch, but only sometimes. The real value that he had was what he might become if he maintained his steep trajectory of development, but he flatlined then fell away so why would we want him back now?

If we’re going to sign an ex-player who we loved but who failed miserably to meet his potential, and truly isn’t an improvement on what we’ve already got, then let’s sign Balotelli because at least he‘s a good laugh ;-)

Last edited:
Why must we take a chance on him?

Hes not good enough. It was such a poor transfer decision by us even before this shambles of a season he’s just had.

If we can get Rice with him going the other way it would be an absolute god send.

(Seems a nice guy though and popular with all the players but unfortunately he has to go for me)

We signed him and gave him a contract. He’s a human being not a piece of meat.

If he doesn’t want to go he doesn’t have to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.