It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

To be fair, he missed four games due to his appendix surgery. I understand that isn't the 1,000 minutes more you think she should have had but it's over 1/3 of it. Or did you take that into account when you decided on the 1,000 minutes number?
And how much exactly of Mahrez’s time are we deeming as nothing…

Except if we do keep Bernardo, Foden and Bernardo will not be just wing rotation, they will be needed and used in the middle — unless we signed a midfielder, which to me should be considered. Foden will play more this season if he stays fit, but the numbers, I insist, just aren’t there. And not biting the final comment, there’s only so many times we can say the kids are there for a specific role.
RW: New RW/Bernardo
LW: Grealish/Foden
LCM: Bernardo/Kovacic
RCM: KDB/Foden

Simple and fits the ethos of pep wanting versatile players + a small squad.

RW: New RW/Bernardo
LW: Grealish/Foden
LCM: Bernardo/Kovacic
RCM: KDB/Foden

Simple and fits the ethos of pep wanting versatile players + a small squad.
I don’t think Pep wants a small squad, I think he wants a sufficient squad. At least we do agree we need a Mahrez replacement. But for me still missing a midfield option — having bodies isn’t the same as having the quality (I’m not naming names…)

Except if we do keep Bernardo, Foden and Bernardo will not be just wing rotation, they will be needed and used in the middle — unless we signed a midfielder, which to me should be considered. Foden will play more this season if he stays fit, but the numbers, I insist, just aren’t there. And not biting the final comment, there’s only so many times we can say the kids are there for a specific role.

Bernardo yes, but I still think the talk of Foden getting increased game time in a more central role is overstated. If he does, it will be because we have injury issues.

KDB, Bernardo, Kovacic - potentially even Alvarez (who last season was the first replacement for KDB) - all likely to be ahead of him in the pecking order.

With Haaland a lock in starter who's going to more or less play every game he's fit, we're not keeping Alvarez here if we don't find a way for him to be a consistent starter in this team alongside him. I think this is where the impact of signing another wide player comes in - as well as being able to give Phil the starting minutes a player of his quality needs.

I think it all comes down to how much Pep plans to use fringe players like Perrone, McAtee and Gomez this season to pad out the squad. I personally don't think McAtee would be sticking around if he hasn't been told he has a decent role this season when he could be starting every game for Sheffield in the PL on loan.

Buy-back clause is good, reckon he could explode but a few of our high-hoped academy lads haven’t so we’ll see.

Always of the impression we wouldn’t sell if we thought they had a future with us (McAtee, Foden). Unless they really, really excel after sale.

This model is making city a fortune with the insurance of a buy back when another team has given them game time.
The academy is like a money printing production line.
Our club is so well run it should be put up there as an example not throw charges at us for throwing money at what was effectively a business start up.
If ffp was brought in to protect teams from going out of business then our model is at the opposite end of that scale.

This model is making city a fortune with the insurance of a buy back when another team has given them game time.
The academy is like a money printing production line.
Our club is so well run it should be put up there as an example not throw charges at us for throwing money at what was effectively a business start up.
If ffp was brought in to protect teams from going out of business then our model is at the opposite end of that scale.
made 50m so far from players with 0 senior appearances.

I think this is where the impact of signing another wide player comes in
No one is saying we are signing a world class superstar winger who will be a guaranteed starter. We are claiming the hole Mahrez leaves in the squad is significant and needs to filled. It’s unrealistic to keep making the squad thinner and thinner by thinking everyone will stay fit the whole time while also playing the most minutes they possibly can. If you take the minutes Mahrez played and distribute among the others you will see the issue. There’s never going to be a situation in which at least or two members of the squad aren’t there unhappy over playing time. And we will end up working with senior players who are there as squad numbers. Has happened every single season

To be fair, he missed four games due to his appendix surgery. I understand that isn't the 1,000 minutes more you think she should have had but it's over 1/3 of it. Or did you take that into account when you decided on the 1,000 minutes number?
He officially missed five, but in the next five he came off the bench just for a token minutes, so clearly wasn't fit.

He also missed, or had restricted minutes, in another 10 games, due to his foot injury.

If needed, he's probably at the stage where he can put in 3500+ minutes, if he stays fit.

Buy-back clause is good, reckon he could explode but a few of our high-hoped academy lads haven’t so we’ll see.

Always of the impression we wouldn’t sell if we thought they had a future with us (McAtee, Foden). Unless they really, really excel after sale.

Will the last one out switch the lights off:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.