Leroy Sané

Would you have Sane back?

• Total voters
At least Leroy runs at defenders and will take them on which usually ended up with the ball on a plate for Serg or anybody else to knock in. As much as I love Grealish he doesn't attempt this, Mahrez didn't either. It's frightening to think how many more goals Haaland could score with Leroy back in this side, it's a yes from me

Are there even any rumours linking us with Sane? It was good to see him and Pep chatting after we beat Bayern in the Champs League last season, I suspect he knows he made a mistake in leaving City, but I'd be amazed if he ever plays for us again.

Are there even any rumours linking us with Sane? It was good to see him and Pep chatting after we beat Bayern in the Champs League last season, I suspect he knows he made a mistake in leaving City, but I'd be amazed if he ever plays for us again.

Tolmie said we had been offered him i believe mate.

Not up to our standard anymore, people looking back way to fondly on a player who had some good moments but he's not what we need.

He was dropped for having an attitude. Same attitude that got him benched at City by Pep.

The truth is Sane was a young talent with potential (I.e. a Palmer type player) who acted like he was Ronaldo (i.e. the Super super team star), and he did this everywhere. At his National team and here at City.

Pep and the German coach correctly benched him. And he wasn't picked for the national team coz his attitude wasn't right

By the way, at the time he wasn't necessarily better than the players picked. He was just different (i.e a speedster and they didn't have any other options on the squad). So it would have been wise to take him. But his attitude stunk. And the manager wasn't having any of it. Neither was Pep. And I agreed with Pep at the time. So have no reason to doubt the German Manager

None of this has any relationship to playing in Germany. The starting midfield at the time (Kroos - Gundogan) both played outside of Germany, no one cared.

I'm okay with Sane and would have him back as a back up. But he wasn't bullied by anyone. You couldn't bully a young Sane if you tried. He was arrogant, self assured, moody and headstrong.

Everything he did, he wanted to do. Even the claims of his Mom pressuring him are probably overblown. Knowing his personality, he probably said he wanted to go be the star at Bayern rather than conform to this tyrant's (Pep's) rules. And his mom was simply co-signing his wishes.

No one bullied Sane. No one.
Absolutely spot on, you saved me some work.

I'd like to add, there was quite a public discussion within the German squad lead by big characters back then like Kroos, Hummels, Neuer or Müller who were fed up by Leroy's behaviour and openly told him to shut up and run. Keep in mind they've won the WC 4 years before and thought they were kings. They couldn't accept Leroy's attitude for reasons of status behaviour. Löw thought it might be better to keep that negative energy out of the squad, but it ended in a disaster anyway. (Fuck me, there really was a WC in ruSSia 2018...).

Is that true? Where did you hear that? I thought it was mums influence on a young lad? Hardly bullying - you seem to know more so please tell us.

He was dropped from the Germany World Cup squad for a supposed bad attitude?

They were in his head for two years and Bayern turned the screw to insist hus international chances would be enhanced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.