Supporters Club tickets

you are right about the result, ie a closed shop, but as someone who attends I would be happy for the return of loyalty points and a rolling system, loyalty points i earnt 20 years ago shouldn’t be impacting allocations, they should cho of anything earnt 5 years before we stopped awarding loyalty points and start again, and then just keep dropping off the last year, if it was down to me it would be 70% loyalty points 20% supporters club 5% 18 to 22 and 5% for the club

I doubt any reasonable person would have a problem with the rolling points idea, as long as those with the most points now were given the opportunity to maintain their position.

As I’m sure you’re aware though, the second idea is just wishful thinking. The club is clearly going in the complete opposite direction of selling more tickets through points.

Also have a friend in prestwich OSC and has been for quite a few years now, with a season ticket and ~14,000 points. He has yet to receive an away ticket for any game that he has asked for one, even against non big six teams, yet he’s heard of stories about the chairman’s pals getting tickets with less points and less time in the OSC. With a lot of OSCs it is who you know doesn’t matter if you go to more games or are ‘more deserving’ of tickets
Our club has 260 members and only gets 4 or six tickets, they are all going to hospitality or players family and friends

Remind me again one of the reasons why Sheikh Mansour bought City? Khaldoon also mentioned. Because of our loyal supporters. Where does that loyalty rank now amongst Khaldoon, Soriano and the other City board members?

I doubt any reasonable person would have a problem with the rolling points idea, as long as those with the most points now were given the opportunity to maintain their position.

As I’m sure you’re aware though, the second idea is just wishful thinking. The club is clearly going in the complete opposite direction of selling more tickets through points.
I reckon it has gone beyond that, it only worked when there was less demand and more tickers available.

If points went on a rolling system it would still end up a closed shop with those at the top only able to buy and knowing they have to buy. Even if points were reset it becomes fastest finger first and a closed shop thereafter for those initially successful.

I would detest a ballot, restricting aways in the PL say 10 may be a bit better, but I doubt any slack would trickle down, just get snaffled up for club partners, staff and new hospitality areas.

Many new OSCs are forming, purely on the basis that ticket availability is possible.
Some, like a few I know in China, say they formed so "we can apply for tickets" as told by a few former Shenzhen Blues (first mainland OSC). That's because some groups fragment and get upset by the allocated and limited number of available OSC tickets. From an already limited allocation of away pot, that only exacerbates the issue of availability.

Now it is debatable whether supporters clubs need labelling as heritage or international... or is it better to add loyalty points to OSCs, based on a twenty year recorded history at the Etihad? Has to be a better way than let Barcelona-Man Ure-Real shirt swappers walk into the Etihad week in, week out? Better than to see division amongst our own fanbase too?

If I appear xenophobic, I apologise but 9.5 years living near Shenzhen, and seeing a fanbase grow in a place where City were rarely on TV in 2014, is weird. The new OSCs need vetting by themselves... and legally by the government. There are too many members just interested in success and ease of access.

New OSCs are potentially so numerous, that OSCs in and around Manchester will be dwarfed in volume. The OSC is a great model but how fit for purpose is it? City a behemoth now. In 2011, we were nowhere near the current form. Before 2008 lesser so. Growth is great but sustainability and fairness amongst the City community should be a priority for our fans.
Even if what you say is true and some are opening just for tickets, most are not just for tickets.

OSCs will always be a good thing, it connects people and make people have a sense of belonging. Most people in OSCs like city and want to connect with other people that also like city.

Even if what you say is true and some are opening just for tickets, most are not just for tickets.

OSCs will always be a good thing, it connects people and make people have a sense of belonging. Most people in OSCs like city and want to connect with other people that also like city.
If most aren't for tickets, then they'll be no issue giving that up then?

I take it people are happy with corporate members getting an away ticket just because they are in a position to afford a corporate package?

And if they don't use that away ticket, which many of them probably don't do, where do you think those away tickets end up? Either given away to somebody they know who wants to go to an away game, but has little it no loyalty points, or sold on to a resell ticket website.

I reckon it has gone beyond that, it only worked when there was less demand and more tickers available.

If points went on a rolling system it would still end up a closed shop with those at the top only able to buy and knowing they have to buy. Even if points were reset it becomes fastest finger first and a closed shop thereafter for those initially successful.

I would detest a ballot, restricting aways in the PL say 10 may be a bit better, but I doubt any slack would trickle down, just get snaffled up for club partners, staff and new hospitality areas.

We’re at the absolute peak period in the entire history of the club as far as demand for away tickets are concerned. Which is bound to bring arguments/ disagreements on how they should be allocated.

It won’t last forever. We won’t be this good forever and the £30 cap won’t last forever. Amazed it’s lasted as long as it has to be honest.

I’m pretty relaxed with whatever method the club use. I’m happy at the moment because the current system suits me. I’ll have a little sulk if it moves against me at some point. But ultimately it’s up to the club and their decision to make.

The only thing that really irks me is the complete lack of transparency. If I was on that fan’s committee I would ask at every single meeting and demand it be minuted that the club should publish exactly which category every single away ticket goes to. And I’d keep asking until they either started doing it or kicked me out.

Other clubs do it. It really shouldn’t be too big an ask.

I take it people are happy with corporate members getting an away ticket just because they are in a position to afford a corporate package?

And if they don't use that away ticket, which many of them probably don't do, where do you think those away tickets end up? Either given away to somebody they know who wants to go to an away game, but has little it no loyalty points, or sold on to a resell ticket website.
Where has anyone said they are happy with this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.