Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too bothered where he went if he chose to leave as long as we got a decent fee.
I’d be happy to see him stay, mind.

That’s fair enough as a sentiment mate, but there clearly isn’t much of a market for him, given the complete lack of interest - strange as we may find that to believe - and price is ultimately driven by market forces.

If he wants to leave, and we’re keen for him to move on, we can sit there saying “£60m or nothing” all we like - but in reality, it seems the market is responding with “fine - you’ll get nothing then”.

We can’t force Clubs to pay £60m for him if they just don’t seem to want him enough to pay it.

It would be different if we actively wanted to keep him - but the world knows we’ve got six CBs, and he’s the one we’re looking to move on. We aren’t operating from a position of strength on this one!
It's a strange one that clubs aren't queuing up in a bidding war for him. I can only think everyone linked wants to lowball us.

It might not be that simple for him though.

Set yourself up for life with a few years in Saudi Arabia, or go to a European club that isn’t likely to win much.

None of the usual winners/runners and riders have shown any interest in him.

His agent should be working hard to find a new club for him. We haven't seen any sign of him doing that may indicate he is content to stay put, perhaps.

Are we seriously asking less for Laporte than the rags are asking for that lamp post? Am not as in touch as I once was, but am
I missing something?
And this is why we get rid of deadwood better than anyone else

We don't request ridiculous fees that put off teams, the Rags are going to push away teams who've already offered amazing deals

Whether we like it or not, Laporte is behind Dias, Stones, Akanji, Ake, Walker and now Gvardiol on the pecking order

And this is why we get rid of deadwood better than anyone else

We don't request ridiculous fees that put off teams, the Rags are going to push away teams who've already offered amazing deals

Whether we like it or not, Laporte is behind Dias, Stones, Akanji, Ake, Walker and now Gvardiol on the pecking order

He is not 'deadwood' ffs, get a grip.

And we don't play with just one defender on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.