Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were lucky with injuries last season, the year before that we had about 3 CB’s out at the same time, there is a decent chance he would get minutes at some point but whether that’s enough for him to want to stay I’m not sure.

Also, Pep said hes not against having 6 cbs in the squad. Cancelo is probably the only one he wants gone.
I just don't understand how people don't get the concept of multiple defenders on the pitch at one time.

Add to that, that out of those 6, one plays in midfield, one or two play at LB, one sometimes at RB.

I just don't understand how people don't get the concept of multiple defenders on the pitch at one time.

Add to that, that out of those 6, one plays in midfield, one or two play at LB, one sometimes at RB.
They didnt watch last season i suppose... Also a note, Lewis is gonna play more midfield next season so there goes another defender.

They didnt watch last season i suppose... Also a note, Lewis is gonna play more midfield next season so there goes another defender.

Laporte will probably want to leave, the club will happily allow him to leave, and we will be fine if he leaves.

But if he doesn't for whatever reason, he is not some deadwood lump we are then stuck with that can't get any minutes, that people are making him out to be. He is still a top quality player fighting for one of 4 spots, who deserves more respect for the role he has played in our success.

Laporte is a quality CB that would get into any other PL team very easily. He's an obvious fit for Newcastle, Dippers or Arse. utd can't spot a good player so no good for them.
Unfortunately for us, under the current system he's competing with Dias for a place in the team. Would be great if he stayed but I don't think he would get much game time.
Whatever his decision I hope it works out for him.

Hopefully he stays as we never know what injuries may come in the forthcoming season.

I remember when not too long ago he was most certainly best centre half, yes we have strengthened since then but players like him don’t go crap overnight.

If he wants to stay on reduced game time and in the hope of slotting in for an injured player or cup games then let him

He is not 'deadwood' ffs, get a grip.

And we don't play with just one defender on the pitch.
Jeez man relax

Deadwood was harsh, but he's surplus to requirements as he's at the back of the pack

Like Sterling and Jesus, we were ready to let them go as they were good enough for the 1st team but their time in the first XI was coming to the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.