Cole Palmer

Has he ever said publicly he wants to leave?

Depends which part of the interview you want to jump on to justify your post. All open to interpretation, combined with Pep saying he will either be sold or stay. Palmer wants minutes. He won’t start games for us. The club will buy another wide player which palmer alludes to in that quote.

All limiting his game time thus off he will go. City would not be linked with Doku if pep had already decided to promote Palmer once Mahrez left.

The Pep interview after match suggests he is off but again you may get a different take.

Has he ever said publicly he wants to leave?

Yes, broadly, yesterday. Pep has said it in at least 4 different interviews as well.

In my opinion, we are looking at Doku (or others) Because Palmer wants to leave. Not the other way round. Possibly the only reason the club aren't pushing this harder is they are waiting to see what Palmer commits to.

I would 100% keep him.

To perform as good as he did in two finals this season says he is a player we can now start to rely on to produce the goods.

Pep just needs to keep trusting him.

I would 100% keep him.

To perform as good as he did in two finals this season says he is a player we can now start to rely on to produce the goods.

Pep just needs to keep trusting him.
He wold be behind Bernardo (and maybe Foden) on the right side I suspect and behind Grealish on the left. I'm sure he'd still get quite a bit of game time over the season but maybe not as much as he would want and that's if we don't bring someone else in. If we do, it's likely to be even less.

Too good to sit on the bench all year, not good enough to start every week. Difficult balance to strike, but if he's looking for the exit we should sell him while his stock is high. We have McAtee and Bobb as 'projects', and both have a higher ceiling than Palmer IMHO.

The one thing I will say is that Cole is a bit of a wildcard. He's not very tidy, not very consistent, can be pretty infuriating, but then comes up with a moment of magic. He really is a young Mahrez. If he can refine his game, he can be world class. But he needs games.

You’ve just said he can be world class but then said the other 2 have a higher ceiling… don’t see Bobb or McAtee going on to be world class personally. Palmer is the most talented of the 3 for me.

If Pep saw McAtee going on to be world class he wouldn’t ever have loaned him out once never mind potentially twice.

I don’t mind buying a winger, we need one or two players more, but I think it’s problematic if we buy a 21 year old wunderkid, instead of a player 28-30 years old. Buying a young winger is basically saying to our own youngsters that we don’t trust them, and that there is no clear path to the first team.

I don’t mind buying a winger, we need one or two players more, but I think it’s problematic if we buy a 21 year old wunderkid, instead of a player 28-30 years old. Buying a young winger is basically saying to our own youngsters that we don’t trust them, and that there is no clear path to the first team.
A 28-year old player will still be around at least 5 years and no doubt some of our youngsters want regular game time now.

West Ham want him,and Cole knows he will get far more opportunity in a team like that.
The trouble is,as TH has stated,the Hammers are playing silly cunts.......they want unreasonable money for Paqueta while requesting Palmer for peanuts.
Haven’t really kept up with the Hammers but is Bowen injured? He’d probably have more starts but I’m unsure if he’d easily displace Bowen.

Regardless if it’s West Ham or not, he needs minutes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.