Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rodri will score 10 in the league this season. Already on 2 and will have more licence to go forward with the protection of Kovacic and Nunes in midfield.

Pep will find ways, there's no need for anyone to really worry about whete the goals are coming from.
He will outscore the Swamp Donkeys entire team.

Only question left this window is if Mcatee will stay or go out on loan. Everything else is sorted. Also, I guess whether we sign Valentín Barco. 9/10 window for me.

Can only really assess it once we see Doku and Nunes on the pitch, and if there are any weak spots in our play. Gvardiol and Kovacic seem closer to sure things. The loss of Gundogan and Mahrez does leave a creativity and goal scoring hole that'll need to be filled.

We've done a good job to refresh the squad by shipping out older guys and bringing in younger ones. This has been Txiki's M.O.

This is an excellent breakdown of the squad and made me feel a good bit better about the window generally. I’m a little skeptical on Nunes as a signing in particular but overall we’ve done a fair job of shifting the squad’s average age downwards with high ceiling players without spending a ton. A KDB/Bernardo replacement and a winger need to be priorities next summer though.

The one other thing this really highlights for me is that the consequence to keeping a small squad is not only being vulnerable to injuries, its that wow, you really do have to get every transfer right. I’m guessing we wouldn’t have bought Nunes this summer if Phillips was any good at all, which would’ve made a big difference in terms of priorities this window, and looking at the team going forward this year we’re all just assuming Doku is going to be good. Hopefully he is of course, but if not thats a massive hole we have in the team. It’s a bit like playing the game on hard mode.

If I were being über critical, I think I'd like to have seen us recoup more for Laporte, have had a straight sale for Cancelo, and have shifted Philipps and Gomez (reckon that could have been 100 million in?). I'd have liked one more attacking option, which would have given us 19 first-team players. That may have been one too many when all fit, of course, but with so many games it would have given a little insurance against possible injuries.

Nunes will be the interesting signing for me. He won't replace Rodri, to be sure, so it is how he is used that will be intriguing. Critics will snipe that we only got him after having failed to land one of the West Ham pair, so, as I say, how he fits in and how he is used will be interesting. We certainly don't need another bench warmer, it's toasty warm already, but I'm hopeful he could prove a bit of an Akanji signing, even if more expensive.

8.5/10 If McAtee stays and gets a shot ill move that to a 9.

They've gone out and arguably bought a load of Klopp players for PepBall.

Gotta see whats cooking in his mind.

Genuinely a fantastic window IMO.

Renewal of Bernie/Walker on top of a new style of versatile/ball carrying midfielder allowing Rodri to go further forward will improve our game tenfold. And a rapid, direct, skilful winger!

Shame about some of the outgoings but a great window which hasn’t seen us sit still after reaching the top of the mountain.

So in.. Aprox £220.

Nunes £54m
Doku £55m
Gvadiol £85m
Kovacic £25m

Out aprox £165

Cancelo (?)
Laporte £25m
Mahrez £30m
Herrera £5m
Trafford £15m
Borges £15m
Charles £12m
Lavia (sell on) £10m
Mebude £1.5m
Palma£45m
Gundogan £0.
Royal £5m

So, a net spend of approx £55m and we’ve reduced the age of the first team squad significantly. Swapped Gundogan for 2 quality players. Both better suited to helping Rodri. Swapped Mahrez for Doku, much younger, quicker and on far less money.
Swapped Laporte for Gvadiol.

Think we’ve lost a few goals but gained a far stronger squad.
All for a net spend of £55m approx.

So, for me, we’ve had a great window. That net spend may come down with Bellis likely to go.

It’s definitely the strangest one in recent times, but a treble does do that both the club might want a shake up and players may feel the time is right to move on.

I’m with the goals and assists worry lot, we seemed to have lost a lot and none of the new ones seem good in that aspect. Doku has potential but no guarantee of goals.

Haaland had a record breaking season, but no guarantee he will again.

So a lot to find.

The 2 early signings are excellent and seem typical City signings.

Since then it’s gone a bit unpredictable and not City esque, but you can tell smart business sense has prevailed and our net spend is very good.

Probably need Nunez to prove me wrong to be a great window.
Pep wants the record for 1-0 wins in a season ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.