United Thread - 2023/24

Tbf Jim we’ve had Robinho, Johnson and Mendy although the latter was officially cleared, it’s not something clubs can control but we seem to steer clear of “dodgy” characters these days. I have to say though Anthony looks a “wrong un”.

Hold on. Both Robinho and Johnson were not part of this football club when they committed their offences. Mendy was found not guilty in two trials by a jury.
I'll agree though that employers can't control what their staff do when in private.

What a lovely club. If the fans don't slag you off, the management certainly will! Now they have one winger forced out by abuse allegations (although they'd haven't actually sold their 'asset' just yet), have publicly attacked another winger they bought in for around £70m, and now find themselves with a third winger, signed for just the £80m or so, facing abuse allegations. Poor Rachel Riley might have to make another statement here if the raggy media machine can't work it's magic.

I don't know whether to question their scouting system, the club culture or the management. One thing for sure is they now need to change their name to Twats R Us FC.

Would be easy to say Sancho should have known better, but his time at Dortmund and in our youth team suggests there is a player in there, the raggies just have no idea how to develop it. Maybe Ten Haag is just frustrated that he won't smack his beeyatch up, surely a droppable offence at old trafford.

Can a single player be named who has gone to the rags in the last decade, and become a better player? They have players collectively displaying more court cases brought against them than medals. A poisonous club, from boardroom to social media, and I will say it again - if not for some very favourable and questionable decisions in games this season, they'd be relegation fodder.

Oh, and I see Maguire's court cases in Greece has been pushed back to February. Best hope they don't drop down to the Europa League and end up with a game against the likes of Panathanikos, eh?

On reflection, although we're not sure about these current claims against Antony just yet, the fact Ten Half has known him for years and has insisted United signed him for a ludicrous fee, makes this one feel worse in some ways. Let's wait and see what comes out, but I'd still be questioning their scouting process as attitude, allegation and plain ability seem to have nothing to do with the process!
The rags scouting process is mostly;
1. See which promising player is coming through the City youth set up and buy him.(Started with giggs).
2. See which players City are bidding for and outbid them (started with berbaflop).
3. Buy soundalike players and lookalike managers.

The rags scouting process is mostly;
1. See which promising player is coming through the City youth set up and buy him.(Started with giggs).
2. See which players City are bidding for and outbid them (started with berbaflop).
3. Buy soundalike players and lookalike managers.
4 - watch match of the day,
5 - Europa league highlights
6 - Champions league highlights

Then put names in a hat and it's lucky dip time.

They're going to need to start putting clauses in the contracts of new players at this rate. Still got 4 years at a reported 200 grand a year (hilarious even before this accusation), so it'd take over 40 million to pay him off.
There has to be something in the contract about the club's stature and their 'good name'. They've been burned too many times - you'd think.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.