United Thread - 2023/24

This is why in games like yesterday against Arse I want the Arse to win. Rags are only ever 3 or 4 good signings away from being a genuine threat. We need them to not just suffer some bad seasons but to really suffer some humiliation and long term damage. A relegation would be the dream.
were..... were only ever 3 or 4 good signings away...... not anymore, not anymore.

It’s a bit like Erdogan the Turkish leader, he has to keep rigging elections because the day he’s removed will be the day he is arrested for fraud. About 13 years ago he was skint, now he, and his family members are multi millionaire’s/billionaires.

I think there’s a possibility what the Glazers have been doing is tantamount to fraud, there’s an extradition treaty with the US, they possibly can’t sell the club for fear of being investigated, my opinion is not factually based it’s just something that doesn’t sit right.
The deal the Glazers pulled off to buy the rags has to go down as one of the greatest business deals ever made.

An incredible profit making machine with cash reserves bought for 790m and the new owners did it with the clubs money.

They have asset stripped the said business , syphoning off hundreds of millions for personal gain and they have the balls to "try and sell" the business for 5/6 billion.
Genius GIFs | GIFDB.com

Last edited:
My old mate was in Dubai on a night out with Sinclair (and others), I won’t go into details but he was lucky he wasn’t arrested and my pal had to get him home in a very pissed state, nothing surprises me about the guy.
I'd always be a bit wary about a bloke who seems to support 6 clubs.

I'll agree though that employers can't control what their staff do when in private.

But they can control what they do when it becomes public.
Convictions or not, a club shouldn't be protecting an "asset" when a young girl has been assaulted/raped on a publicly available video.
Their behaviour stinks from start to finish.

Its often said that City only win stuff because we spend loads of money. Well as we know thats not even factually true anymore, but regardless, spending is the easy bit.
If all you had to do was spend then united would have been league winners these past few seasons, everton wouldve won it 4/5 years ago. Villa, forest etc would be champs league each year.

Whats extremely important is WHO you sign. The personality of a player, is he a team man, is his attitude bang on. And, with the exception of cancelo, we get this bang on most times. We sign players who are decent people

Contrast united, they appear to do NO homework on a player and keep ending up with utter pricks.
Antony, fernades, that midge at the back, garnacho etc etc
They havent got an ounce of team ethic between them and wonder why they keep ending up back at square one.

Good innit
Nail on head sir. You can toss Ronnie into that pot as well.

The deal the Glazers pulled off to buy the rags has to go down as one of the greatest business deals ever made.

An incredible profit making machine with cash reserves bought for 790m and the new owners did it with the clubs money.

They have asset stripped the said business , syphoning off hundreds of millions for personal gain and they have the balls to "try and sell" the business for 5/6 billion.
Agree, a leveraged buy out is legal but I think the fact their office is registered in Grand Cayman, (a letter box btw) speaks volumes for the ethos and morality of this “company”, as I said something just doesn’t feel right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.