What's happening with my toilet?

You like my kind of shit Bigg fella; )

I think the mods are going a bit soft nowadays because i previously opened a thread titled - 'My Turd Won't Flush' and it lasted about 20 minutes before it was pulled. That was a true tale which i found amusing as well as a few others but somebody didn't, but hey ho, some of the daftest threads transpire to be the best if they are left alone and not pulled, IMO.

Same problem that inspired this thread: a blocked toilet.

We are on the second floor of a small block in a flat where the cistern is hidden behind a wall.

Already tried: the coat hanger solution and soda crystals/vinegar combo. Neither worked.

Don’t think the blockage is serious - just shit and bog paper probably.

Provisional plan is to try HG Liquid drain unblocker. Wickes sell it but the reviews only mention its ability to unblock showers and sinks. Am also concerned about its potential corrosive effects on any pipes linked to the toilet.

Does anyone know if this concern is valid?

The best plunger seems to be the Monument HG1600 Toilet plunger but can’t take delivery until tomorrow. That’s why we thought about the HG liquid.

Have to be a bit careful as the flat is rented and so don’t want to cause any avoidable damage.

Fortunately, there is a second toilet in the flat so this thing doesn’t need sorting out urgently.

But anyway, any advice gratefully appreciated.

Talk to @Johnny Mars Bar

Seems like a good'un

We are on the second floor of a small block in a flat where the cistern is hidden behind a wall.

Already tried: the coat hanger solution and soda crystals/vinegar combo. Neither worked.

Provisional plan is to try HG Liquid drain unblocker. Wickes sell it but the reviews only mention its ability to unblock showers and sinks. Am also concerned about its potential corrosive effects on any pipes linked to the toilet.

The best plunger seems to be the Monument HG1600 Toilet plunger but can’t take delivery until tomorrow. That’s why we thought about the HG liquid.

Have to be a bit careful as the flat is rented and so don’t want to cause any avoidable damage.

Fortunately, there is a second toilet in the flat so this thing doesn’t need sorting out urgently.

1. shower drains made of same plastic as toilet so wouldn't have thought there would be a problem
2. I dont know about HG but Mr Muscle drain gel works very well on our shower
3. drastic times need drastic measures. You can buy these flexibly plastic rods that plumbers use to unblock drains. Just be careful and not get them stuck.
4. it may just be a dead rat that has come up from the sewer and blocked the pipe. Fortunately these rodents are bio-degradeable but might smell a bit for a while

Thanks for the advice. Loved that Johnny Mars Bars thread.

Off to Wickes to buy that chemical stuff. Will come in handy even if it doesn’t work on the toilet.

I'm no plumber and can't work put what's happening when i flush my bog so I'm asking for good old BM advice. In the last week or I've been flushing my toilet and the water level has been raising without properly flushing properly.

Several turds have been resurfacing from from previously disappearing. One particular sweetcorn encrusted turd has bobbed up twice now, it's as if waving at me and taking the piss. : /

What's going on?
Maybe Christmas has come early...
Mr Hankey GIFs | Tenor

Has someone been flushing baby wipes down the loo?
My middle son won't use toilet paper only baby wipes. They cause the toilet to block up.
We now have to have a bin for him to put them in.

My patent solution works every time if it is just the toilet blocked, not the pipes.
Roll up copies of the Times until the profile matches the outlet of your toilet. Insert and plunge in and out. Works a treat. Newspaper must be a heavy, use gloves if squeamish, keep a bucket handy to carry off the dripping paper. Better than a plunger. Those chemical/ vinegar etc solutions do not work.
#oldturdsareus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.