What's happening with my toilet?

Has someone been flushing baby wipes down the loo?
My middle son won't use toilet paper only baby wipes. They cause the toilet to block up.
We now have to have a bin for him to put them in.
Seems a bit random. Why won’t he use bogroll?

Same problem that inspired this thread: a blocked toilet.

We are on the second floor of a small block in a flat where the cistern is hidden behind a wall.

Already tried: the coat hanger solution and soda crystals/vinegar combo. Neither worked.

Don’t think the blockage is serious - just shit and bog paper probably.

Provisional plan is to try HG Liquid drain unblocker. Wickes sell it but the reviews only mention its ability to unblock showers and sinks. Am also concerned about its potential corrosive effects on any pipes linked to the toilet.

Does anyone know if this concern is valid?

The best plunger seems to be the Monument HG1600 Toilet plunger but can’t take delivery until tomorrow. That’s why we thought about the HG liquid.

Have to be a bit careful as the flat is rented and so don’t want to cause any avoidable damage.

Fortunately, there is a second toilet in the flat so this thing doesn’t need sorting out urgently.

But anyway, any advice gratefully appreciated.
Have you taken the plunge on buying the plunger yet?

Fish all the water out, pour boiling hot water down there and loads of washing up liquid. Leave for several hours. More boiling hot water. See how that goes

This worked for me in my old house. Buy a bottle of cheap washing up liquid and empty the entire bottle into the bowl. Leave a while and then pour in a bucket of the hottest water you can get. Worked first go.

Also, just put pee, poo and regular toilet paper down the loo. Anything else will block it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.