Luton Away

Oh for the old days when we enjoyed that open terrace at Kenilworth Road. My only two visits were the League Cup in the late 70s when we drew 1-1 and a league game a few years later when we lost 3-1.
Someone I now know well had a spare ticket when away fans were banned in the early 90s, but I hardly knew him at the time.

Is there anything stopping you buying a hospitality ticket for big £££ and helping to pay for it by flogging away tickets to tourists at inflated prices?
Some have claimed hospitality ticket holders go into a ballot for most games so there's no guarantee you'll get tickets for the games that will generate most income.
Also, you would still be classed as an unauthorised seller if you got caught. The club might have cosy arrangements with tourist companies to protect.

similar to yourself i'm on 27,910 and although I do platinum and on all cup schemes and pick up the maximum amount of points on offer suddenly this season i'm able to buy at 2nd window for most games rather than the 1st I have been able to do for years and wondering how can i be moving down the pecking order

You’re not moving down the pecking order. They’re just marking the windows narrower, to try and mask the ever decreasing points allocations.

It’s one of the negative impacts of success. Glory hunters would turn up (I knew a half decent rag who warned me this would happen) and tickets would become more difficult to obtain.

I’d expect a minimal allocation to go to corporate and club but fans / loyalty must come next.

If clubs aspire to be in the PL, they should plan for it by having a stadium big enough (minimum 20000 for me).

A lot of clubs are also not based in major cities, so they don't have the catchment area of other clubs, nor do they have billionaire owners. It's just not viable for most to be building new stadiums until they can establish themselves a bit more up the higher end of the game and the money it brings and brings a demand for more attendees.

Look at Darlington, they built a stadium way above their means years ago when they were a 3rd or 4th tier side, 25000 capacity. Long story short, the club went into administration 3 times because of the cost of the stadium. They currently play in the National League North, no longer play at that stadium and it sits empty apart from some rugby games almost nobody goes to.

A lot of clubs just haven't got the luxury of building or expanding stadiums without putting themselves in real danger. It is a case of if they ever manage to get to the top league, then they have to cross that bridge when they come to it.

Yeah it's not ideal for fans or away fans, but it's better than risking the end of a club just because they built a stadium beyond their means on the off chance they might fly up 4 tiers of football, knowing you're financially fucked if you don't.

Some have claimed hospitality ticket holders go into a ballot for most games so there's no guarantee you'll get tickets for the games that will generate most income.
Also, you would still be classed as an unauthorised seller if you got caught. The club might have cosy arrangements with tourist companies to protect.
I think (league) Villa away, prob cos it is midweek, is the first game this season not to have gone to a ballot. If you ask for more than 2 they initially reduce to 2 and then if there is still too high a demand then it goes into a ballot. BH (before Haaland) I can only recall that once, and personally I never lost out - me and my lad do every away. AH (after Haaland) I have lost out twice so far this season already and a 2 or 3 times last year. So fans In hospitality are struggling as well

But the problem is if we place minimum capacities on stadiums, to get promoted, in Luton's instance they would be denied a place in the top flight they achieved on sporting merit.

With Luton were talking about a club who 9 years ago were in the conference, 5 years ago in the second division to deny them promotion based on ground capacity, to me, is losing the essence of what football is all about. The romance, rags to riches stories, and the possibility all fanbases/communities can have that one match/season they will never forget.

Also with Luton, like Bournemouth as things stand they are punching above their weight based on club size. Moving grounds/extending capacities might be great for big club fanbases, visiting the ground, but if those clubs fail to keep punching above their weight it can leave them playing, in a few years, in soulless bowls/half empty stadiums. Absolutely soul destroying for their fans. The concept to me of linking promotion to ground capacities sounds pretty elitist.

Which was the Luton game by the way? I went to the 2-2 in 1999 and the City end was sold out (think we got 2200 tickets) so I ended up in the main stand with many other blues.
wont have to worry about it soon the yanks will stop that promotion lark

A lot of clubs are also not based in major cities, so they don't have the catchment area of other clubs, nor do they have billionaire owners. It's just not viable for most to be building new stadiums until they can establish themselves a bit more up the higher end of the game and the money it brings and brings a demand for more attendees.

Look at Darlington, they built a stadium way above their means years ago when they were a 3rd or 4th tier side, 25000 capacity. Long story short, the club went into administration 3 times because of the cost of the stadium. They currently play in the National League North, no longer play at that stadium and it sits empty apart from some rugby games almost nobody goes to.

A lot of clubs just haven't got the luxury of building or expanding stadiums without putting themselves in real danger. It is a case of if they ever manage to get to the top league, then they have to cross that bridge when they come to it.

Yeah it's not ideal for fans or away fans, but it's better than risking the end of a club just because they built a stadium beyond their means on the off chance they might fly up 4 tiers of football, knowing you're financially fucked if you don't.
can the rags use it when old trafford falls down or is it to far away from london

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.