Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Trying to be pragmatic about this. We didn't lose this game with the players on the pitch tonight, it's because of our transfer dealings of late. Without a doubt we have completely weakened our squad. The fucking players we've let go in recent years. Gundo, Jesus, Mahrez, Palmer, Laporte, Zinchenko, Cancelo. We simply haven't replaced them properly

what we learned tonight, gvardiol can't play left back, akanji cant play midfield, lewis is nowhere near ready, we cant play 3 at the back, nunes and kovacic aint fit to dubbin whippy and ffs boots, we need a proper left back and go back to a back four, wer'e fucked without kev and rodri, oh and fuck philips off for christ sake and sign paquetta in january otherwise its season over
Why wasn't Ake picked at left back.

He did nothing wrong.

What exactly do you expect from him when his teammates forget how to play football?
I expect him to contribute to the build up, come short give the midfield an option, close down villa players with actual intent rather than gently jogging, basically help the team out. He also missed a very good chance once again (he should have buried the header) so technically in my eyes he did do something wrong.

You're right. We haven't figured out how to play without him. That's a big problem for Pep to sort out.

The club has let Gundogan leave and brought in absolute shite so we rely too heavily on him.

Phillips, Kovacic and Nunes are terrible.

No idea what the club were thinking with those buys. And the sad thing is that we're stuck with them.

Why buy Gvardiol for left back? Why not buy an actual left back?

Great performance from Villa. Congratulations you were very good and took us to the cleaners. Best team won.. Rico looked off pace men against boys in there. Foden not so good either. The two new boys when they came on didnt bring anything to the table. Was hoping especially with Phil to really step up while Kev is on the sidelines.I saw Bernardo looking around in a break in play looking a bit lost with his teammates.think he might be missing a Kev and Gundo. He’s a massive loss for us is Gundo. We move on from this and The genius in Pep will learn from this and will stamp his authority on this team and drag us into better places for sure.
Not the same when you have no Gundo to bring on :(

Won’t go down well here either but again another game where haaland is basically a passenger. For supposedly the best striker in world football I expect more from him. There is more to being a striker than just scoring.

If mahrez played with that effort he would be slaughtered
WTF? He was absolutely starved of service. It's utterly embarrassing the lack of effort made to play him the ball. It's mind boggling how we refuse to even try...That was a complete and total shit show by a midfield that is destroying our defense and our attack simultaneously. Gundogan is a world class midfielder, treble winning captain, and as clutch as anyone ever to wear the jersey...AND THAT"S NOT AN OVERSTATEMENT...he's allowed to leave and is NOT REPLACED. Kova and Nunes were never meant to replace Gundo. Kova was seen as additional depth and Nunes came on after KDB went down. How the fuck can ya expect young Rico, Alvarez, and Akanji to replace KDB, Gundo, and Rodri against ANY FUCKING TEAM...let alone a Villa side who has been tremendous at home. It is what it is but even with KDB and Rodri coming back if Alvarez remains as the second 8 in games against the better teams then we aren't winning shit, simple as...

Completely outplayed and outclassed, well done Villa, I’m not throwing in the towel but I’d rather you win the league than Arsenal or dippers. Rags only 3 points behind us, crisis what crisis!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.