Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I wouldn't beat ourselves up too much about the home atmosphere, Everton fans on YouTube reaction videos saying their own fans were quiet last night (save for the goal), issues at Anfield (where the supposed noise for a Saturday 3pm home game against a Fulham or Palace is a myth.), long standing day-tripper issues at Old Trafford, and Arsenal has been a morgue for years and just recently improved. Ours is not really much worse. Personally I go to watch football, not to sing songs, but I love it when our "noisy-end" get chants and songs going, full respect for the 1894 group. I react loudly to every event on the pitch, support the team until the end by shouting for every decision, cheering every tackle. That's genuine noise, reacting to events, supporting the team, to the end of the game. But I don't really sing, am always a bit bemused when there's the odd guy up in the back of level 3 very agitated, trying to get people around him singing, it simply never happens up there.

I'm more pissed off about the ticketing policy, where I usually buy in the ground I'm surrounded by dispassionate casual observers, and many empties, at sold out games. Sheff Utd on Saturday is well sold out, and there are many ticket requests on this forum, but the agencies still have hundreds left to sell at inflated prices. If they don't sell, they'll be left empty. The club have chosen to give thousands of tickets to resellers for every home game, so don't be surprised that we have event tourists who are barely interested, and empty seats. That ground could be heaving with passionate blues, at the right price, with proper sales policies, but we've chosen otherwise to broaden the brand, and get the bigger spenders in. Don't be surprised that they don't care less and don't get behind the team, don't be surprised that the away support is fantastic in comparison. I'd love to let Pep know exactly what's happening, so he can criticise the right people!

This is not a criticism of the new fans, at the RM semi I had an Asian girl to my left, and an Arab guy to my right, leaving aside my misgivings about how they got tickets ahead of other fans, they were great supporters on the night, cheering their hearts out, arrived early, stayed to the end. Some of our regulars have developed matchday habits that suit themselves perfectly, but are bad for the atmosphere, but they can choose to watch football however they want. However I really do wish we'd stop dumping loads of tickets to the tout sites....that's really frustrating and we don't need to do it. We're still very much in this title race, huge homes against Arsenal, United and Chelsea still to come. Get the right people in the ground and the atmosphere won't be an issue.

I wouldn't beat ourselves up too much about the home atmosphere, Everton fans on YouTube reaction videos saying their own fans were quiet last night (save for the goal), issues at Anfield (where the supposed noise for a Saturday 3pm home game against a Fulham or Palace is a myth.), long standing day-tripper issues at Old Trafford, and Arsenal has been a morgue for years and just recently improved. Ours is not really much worse. Personally I go to watch football, not to sing songs, but I love it when our "noisy-end" get chants and songs going, full respect for the 1894 group. I react loudly to every event on the pitch, support the team until the end by shouting for every decision, cheering every tackle. That's genuine noise, reacting to events, supporting the team, to the end of the game. But I don't really sing, am always a bit bemused when there's the odd guy up in the back of level 3 very agitated, trying to get people around him singing, it simply never happens up there.

I'm more pissed off about the ticketing policy, where I usually buy in the ground I'm surrounded by dispassionate casual observers, and many empties, at sold out games. Sheff Utd on Saturday is well sold out, and there are many ticket requests on this forum, but the agencies still have hundreds left to sell at inflated prices. If they don't sell, they'll be left empty. The club have chosen to give thousands of tickets to resellers for every home game, so don't be surprised that we have event tourists who are barely interested, and empty seats. That ground could be heaving with passionate blues, at the right price, with proper sales policies, but we've chosen otherwise to broaden the brand, and get the bigger spenders in. Don't be surprised that they don't care less and don't get behind the team, don't be surprised that the away support is fantastic in comparison. I'd love to let Pep know exactly what's happening, so he can criticise the right people!

This is not a criticism of the new fans, at the RM semi I had an Asian girl to my left, and an Arab guy to my right, leaving aside my misgivings about how they got tickets ahead of other fans, they were great supporters on the night, cheering their hearts out, arrived early, stayed to the end. Some of our regulars have developed matchday habits that suit themselves perfectly, but are bad for the atmosphere, but they can choose to watch football however they want. However I really do wish we'd stop dumping loads of tickets to the tout sites....that's really frustrating and we don't need to do it. We're still very much in this title race, huge homes against Arsenal, United and Chelsea still to come. Get the right people in the ground and the atmosphere won't be an issue.
Where is your evidence that the Club dump thousands of ticketdnon touts sites. It might be true or it might be lies.

Everyone supports the club how they choose. If everyone sang up who could and bothered to learn the words of newer songs, the Etihad would be rocking.

A summary of this thread could be, excuses first, atmosphere second.

Where is your evidence that the Club dump thousands of ticketdnon touts sites. It might be true or it might be lies.

Everyone supports the club how they choose. If everyone sang up who could and bothered to learn the words of newer songs, the Etihad would be rocking.

A summary of this thread could be, excuses first, atmosphere second.
Hi Tim, I'm a matchday purchaser, so I know where to get tickets on tout sites if I don't get them direct. Livefootball tickets is the biggest, but not the only one, they currently have 976 left for Chelsea, and 892 on sale for United at home. On the week of the Spurs game they had hundreds still on sale, the screenshot attached is from 27th November, they were still advertising 934 tickets to the sold out Spurs game the following Sunday, they don't all shift, and then we've empty seats at a "sold out" game. The tickets they have are in various parts of the ground, but a big chunk of what they sell are in level 3, at the back. You'll see chunks of empty seats at sold out games, I've been sat up there loads of times, many empty seats, and very few passionate City fans around me. Liverpool at home was so frustrating, empties all around me, and loads of Scousers. I might be wrong that the Club are using the agencies, but they seem to have so many tickets, and in blocks. I've seen them list huge numbers of tickets for a big game, see another screenshot attached from 27th November advertising 3,774 for the "sold out" Chelsea home game.
These are not being sold as hospitality with food, just straightforward match tickets at inflated prices. Don't be fooled by the headline price, that's the absolutely cheapest seat they have and before adding processing fees etc.

Blues who have loyalty points and memberships can't get seats together (or any seats) for Chelsea at home, but a tout site had 3,700 on sale? I also don't believe that they are spoofing big numbers, they only have 66 left for Sheffield United.
I feel bad that I'm kinda actually advertising this ticket availability, and desperate fans might use them to buy at inflated prices, but all these tickets should be sold to qualifying members, real City fans, at face value. Rant over!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231127-234039.png
    Screenshot_20231127-234039.png
    156.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20231127-223012.png
    Screenshot_20231127-223012.png
    159.3 KB · Views: 24
Up until 2 seasons ago we would attend between 10 and 15 matches mostly at the Etihad but some away matches on the south coast.

This season has been a nightmare for trying to get tickets. We have only been 4 times this season to the Etihad. One of those games City moved us from the SS singing area to the east stand. My lad kicked up a right stink we didnt find out until 3 days before the match. We had booked on the day that lots get issued. But we ended up in a quiet area of the ground and didnt really enjoy it.

We looked for two tickets for today £60 plus each, cant afford that at Christmas. We use to look forward to going to lots of matches per season, but its getting almost impossible to get two seats next to each other this season.

Our atmosphere is no worse or better than any other pl ground. Die hard fans of all clubs are being priced out or just cant get tickets.

Hi Tim, I'm a matchday purchaser, so I know where to get tickets on tout sites if I don't get them direct. Livefootball tickets is the biggest, but not the only one, they currently have 976 left for Chelsea, and 892 on sale for United at home. On the week of the Spurs game they had hundreds still on sale, the screenshot attached is from 27th November, they were still advertising 934 tickets to the sold out Spurs game the following Sunday, they don't all shift, and then we've empty seats at a "sold out" game. The tickets they have are in various parts of the ground, but a big chunk of what they sell are in level 3, at the back. You'll see chunks of empty seats at sold out games, I've been sat up there loads of times, many empty seats, and very few passionate City fans around me. Liverpool at home was so frustrating, empties all around me, and loads of Scousers. I might be wrong that the Club are using the agencies, but they seem to have so many tickets, and in blocks. I've seen them list huge numbers of tickets for a big game, see another screenshot attached from 27th November advertising 3,774 for the "sold out" Chelsea home game.
These are not being sold as hospitality with food, just straightforward match tickets at inflated prices. Don't be fooled by the headline price, that's the absolutely cheapest seat they have and before adding processing fees etc.

Blues who have loyalty points and memberships can't get seats together (or any seats) for Chelsea at home, but a tout site had 3,700 on sale? I also don't believe that they are spoofing big numbers, they only have 66 left for Sheffield United.
I feel bad that I'm kinda actually advertising this ticket availability, and desperate fans might use them to buy at inflated prices, but all these tickets should be sold to qualifying members, real City fans, at face value. Rant over!

Can I just say..... from £84 ......fuck me that's more than a days wage

Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.