Aston Villa Thread - 2023/24

Olise's late penalty gives Crystal Palace unexpected 2-2 draw with Manchester  City | Reuters's late penalty gives Crystal Palace unexpected 2-2 draw with Manchester  City | Reuters
Sarcasm is my middle name

Yesterday was their first win in an FA Cup game since 2016 according to BBC web site. I don't think we were that bad even at our lowest level.
It makes me laugh when they mention 7 times FA Cup winners Villa (same number of wins as City).
What they don't mention is that the last time that Villa won it was in 1957, so almost 70 years ago.
And of the other 6 wins, 5 were pre World War One and 1 was in 1920 , all well over a hundred years ago.
This club have to be amongst the worst for living off past glories, along with Newcastle and Sunderland.
Completely deluded fuck wits ,the lot of them.

It makes me laugh when they mention 7 times FA Cup winners Villa (same number of wins as City).
What they don't mention is that the last time that Villa won it was in 1957, so almost 70 years ago.
And of the other 6 wins, 5 were pre World War One and 1 was in 1920 , all well over a hundred years ago.
This club have to be amongst the worst for living off past glories, along with Newcastle and Sunderland.
I do like recognising real history though I mean we won it in 1904 and i still love citing that when idiots cite 'no 'istry! so i think we need to acknowledge pre WW1 history

Day i was born 4th May 1957. Beat United scum.

Bump.
So the unbeatable at home Aston Villa are beaten at home by a mediocre Newcastle side.
Are the wheels starting to come off the title challenge from Villa ?
Top 4 finish for them to aim for now ?
I honestly can't see them keeping pace with City, Arse or the Bin Dippers.

Bump.
So the unbeatable at home Aston Villa are beaten at home by a mediocre Newcastle side.
Are the wheels starting to come off the title challenge from Villa ?
Top 4 finish for them to aim for now ?
I honestly can't see them keeping pace with City, Arse or the Bin Dippers.
What title challenge? They won’t even make top 6

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.