North Stand Expansion

The Department of Transport is already siphoning the HS2 savings down south. We will see very little if any of that money. I’m hearing the promised electrification of the Trans Pennine route is about to be pulled yet again.
used to be electrified years ago 50 minutes to Sheffield train in each direction every hour.Things have backward in this country since the sixties

Well said, I only emailed a suggestion to the mayor's office as coming shortly will be we told you so moment, the reason Wembley is successful because it has a tube line and one end and a train line at the other.

Please look up most of the successful concert arenas in the UK most of them are next to a rail station tube or tram stop.

The COOP Live is one of the biggest arenas in the UK but does have a train station that connects with
To be fair the walk from Wembley to the tube station isn't that much shorter than the walk from the Etihad campus to Piccadilly station in fact after the event it's quicker to walk to Piccadilly,it can take getting on for an hour to get out of Wembley shuffling along Wembley way to the tube station.,especially if they upgrade the walkway. No way the council spend the money it would take to have trains running to the Etihad.

To be fair the walk from Wembley to the tube station isn't that much shorter than the walk from the Etihad campus to Piccadilly station in fact after the event it's quicker to walk to Piccadilly,it can take getting on for an hour to get out of Wembley shuffling along Wembley way to the tube station.,especially if they upgrade the walkway. No way the council spend the money it would take to have trains running to the Etihad.
There's a good example of building the transport infrastructure too soon just up the road at Central Park. £37M in 2005 for a tram/bus and potential train interchange that ended up a complete white elephant. No trams for 7 years, no buses even yet, no talk of adding trains, the enterprise park planned for the area just never materialised. That's public money that is needed elsewhere. With the expansion of the city centre though, things will change and eventually it will come into its own I hope, it's a nice looking station.

There's a good example of building the transport infrastructure too soon just up the road at Central Park. £37M in 2005 for a tram/bus and potential train interchange that ended up a complete white elephant. No trams for 7 years, no buses even yet, no talk of adding trains, the enterprise park planned for the area just never materialised. That's public money that is needed elsewhere. With the expansion of the city centre though, things will change and eventually it will come into its own I hope, it's a nice looking station.
I'm guessing somewhere like Wembley the stations were there before the stadium,and the stadium was built near the stations but not next to them and neither the access nor the station itself at Wembley are built to handle 80,000 people leaving at once and it's just a huge bottleneck.

I'm guessing somewhere like Wembley the stations were there before the stadium,and the stadium was built near the stations but not next to them and neither the access nor the station itself at Wembley are built to handle 80,000 people leaving at once and it's just a huge bottleneck.
Yes, the Great Central Main Line is what runs south of (through Wembley Stadium, 1906) and north of (through Wembley Park, 1890s) the stadium. Wembley Central (on the West Coast Main Line and originally called Sudbury was opened in 1842), also North Wembley (1917). So they have always had the stations way before 1923, nothing new has ever been added except for one they built for when the original stadium was opened (but that has since closed).

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.