Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
It was very strange. When both Palmer and Sterling were subbed a big boo emerged from the family stand, only to be replaced by applause from the rest of the stadium.
I sit in 232 and a few were booing but most were clapping. What was interesting though was that it was the same people booing for both Sterling and Palmer, which tells me they have absolutely no idea why they're booing, that's just what they do for any ex player

3 words.

’Fucking superb tonight’.

Especially the 2nd half.

The team needed lifting in the 2nd half and the team got the support that lifted the them.
I came on here to post exactly this. I hope it gets called out just like when we are flat or apparently AWOL! It was a fairly frustrating game but I felt very proud of our support tonight. 1-0 down and it the stadium was rocking.

Was I mistaken though or were Chelsea singing your support is fuckin shit and we forgot you were here around 70 mins. If they were that was well misplaced. We need that for the rest of the season too. CTID

What level of dickhead supporters have we attracted nowadays?

Booing Raheem and Cole Palmer? That's just wrong. Blues don't boo Blues
I hate it too. To be fair in the past I remember Distin, Dickov, Sturridge, Milner and one or two others getting it too. Neither of these two did anything to deserve any abuse whatsoever. They moved on for game time and we met them go. The booing was pathetic.

The atmosphere came across well on tv
Were singing and urging the team on when losing, which isn’t always like us

Also couldn’t hear any booing of Sterling on the tv and the boos for Palmer were because he was wasting time walking off slowly before a lot of people applauded him

I came on here to post exactly this. I hope it gets called out just like when we are flat or apparently AWOL! It was a fairly frustrating game but I felt very proud of our support tonight. 1-0 down and it the stadium was rocking.

Was I mistaken though or were Chelsea singing your support is fuckin shit and we forgot you were here around 70 mins. If they were that was well misplaced. We need that for the rest of the season too. CTID
Away fans always resort to that banter chant when they are being out sung. They’ve got nothing left to chant, or they know their chants are inaudible.

Last edited:
There was about a ten or fifteen minute period in the second half when I thought the atmosphere was brilliant.
We were losing at the time which for me made it better.
We've had great continuous success now for a dozen years or so, and a good number of our support are accused of taking it for granted.
That atmosphere in that period of the second half also tells me a good number are not.

There was about a ten or fifteen minute period in the second half when I thought the atmosphere was brilliant.
We've had great continuous success now for a dozen years or so, and a good number of our support are accused of taking it for granted.
That atmosphere in that period of the second half also tells me a good number are not.

Watching on TV I was surprised how loud we sounded in the second half a goal down. Nice to see..players seemed to feed of it.

I think that was when we'd gone close once or twice and looked up for it rather than the aimless passing about which we do all to often. A lot of our play is technically brilliant rather than exciting and it's the exciting stuff that gets fans singing and on their feet.
The volume of the goal celebration showed just how much it meant. It seemed louder than for the first against Everton last week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.