11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Little point being able to consistently beat your man but having a striker that couldn’t do anything after getting on the end of chances created. More like it.
So we are going to defend the guy that has consistently failed to deliver the killer ball (not one game) while attacking the guy that has averaged approx a goal a game since he’s been here?

I like Doku, he is exciting to watch and he offers something that very few of our other players do…but, there’s no getting away from the fact that once he he does what he does, there is very little at the end of it. That’s the crux of it. I can like watching him play but also think ‘well not much came of that’. We all hope and expect his end product will improve but right here, right now, it isn’t good enough. I don’t know how anyone can argue otherwise.

So we are going to defend the guy that has consistently failed to deliver the killer ball (not one game) while attacking the guy that has averaged approx a goal a game since he’s been here?

I like Doku, he is exciting to watch and he offers something that very few of our other players do…but, there’s no getting away from the fact that once he he does what he does, there is very little at the end of it. That’s the crux of it. I can like watching him play but also think ‘well not much came of that’. We all hope and expect his end product will improve but right here, right now, it isn’t good enough. I don’t know how anyone can argue otherwise.
He is hit and miss and was poor in the last 20 mins but He did set two good chances up today though. Foden missed and Haaland missed. He wasn’t the worst player on the pitch and was much better than the other 4 attackers who I thought were all poor. Saying that I would either play Foden over there with Bernado right for now or give Bobb a go. Grealish won’t be fit for a while so options are limited.

He was key? Without Haaland’s record goal scoring and KDB’s magic we’d be no where there. If we had this season’s version of Haaland last year, there would probably be no treble to attach him to.
As demonstrated by your numerous posts just on the recent few pages of this thread your opinion on Grealish is biased against to the point of being worthless.

he is great compared this is a huge step up for him, also first PL season, trying to bed in etc. PL vs Ligue 1, day and night difference...
but he is currently about 25% of an in form Mahrez which eventually makes us a weaker outfit currently. (similar proble with the out of form Grealish)

I would prefer Foden form the left if Foden needs to be a winger, he scored quite a few last few seasons from left, not so much from right. (where mainly Mahrez played or Bernardo)

Yeah, I too wondered why Pep did not play Foden on the left and try playing Doku on the right.

To be fair the killer ball must be pretty difficult against a packed box with your weak foot whilst double marked. That’s not to say he played well. However how many did Kev try from better positions and not deliver?

To be fair the killer ball must be pretty difficult against a packed box with your weak foot whilst double marked. That’s not to say he played well. However how many did Kev try from better positions and not deliver?
Kev dropped a free header onto Haaland’s head, no more than 8 yards out in the centre of the goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.