Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Needs to come up with a new plan for corners and set pieces. They're a laugh at this stage.
More dangerous to ourselves than the opposition.
Not so sure about that for corners. We might not be scoring directly from them, but because we're putting so many players in the box, even in the six-yard box, the opponent also has to match up and the keeper is increasingly being surrounded. We're unlikely to score directly, true, nor get a penalty for holding, but it's causing havoc in the box and the keeper is often punching weakly to players waiting on the edge. Think there might be method in our madness.

My goodness me. Anyone expecting a straightforward season after a treble win and the loss of key players like Gundo and Mahrez was surely not thinking. This was always going to be a challenge, yet we are right in the mix. We have also has a number of key injuries: Erling, KDB, Stones, Silva, and others, all out for extended periods, and personal issues for players like Jack and Walker. We have the smallest, if most valuable, of the top 100 (by value) squads in world football, so those injuries and suspensions have an enormous effect. At the same time, Liverpool and Arsenal really strengthened their team.

We have had periods like this in previous seasons, with people questioning players, selections, and even the manager, yet on we go as the most successful club of the decade.

whats happened ?, we are on a run of 15 games unbeaten(13 wins and 2 draws) the draws we had enough chances to win 5 matches, we are 2nd in the league,well set in the champions league and have a toughish but winnable game in the f.a.cup, we are current super cup and world club cup holders,as well as champions of england,europe and f,a, cup holders , why are people getting tetchy, fuck me,think back to that huddersfield game we got beat at home when i knew we were going to go down, some people dont know they are fucking born.

I don't need stats to back up what is clear to the eye (corners are a weak point) . How other teams perform don't concern me.
The same eyes that have had you whining about Pep and the team the last 8 years, wouldn't trust them if I was you. Fact is we aren't the worst from set peices not the best either but whenever I've see stats we are near the best.

The same eyes that have had you whining about Pep and the team the last 8 years, wouldn't trust them if I was you. Fact is we aren't the worst from set peices not the best either but whenever I've see stats we are near the best.
I had a look there we're about average I'd say. not withstanding that, do you get excited when we take a corner? With the exception of Rodri and Ake the rest of our big men seem incapable of getting a header in. I doubt it's just me that thinks it's an area we could work on particularly as we seem to be struggling against these low blocks week in week out.

He’s a fucking misery that man. Regardless of the issue it’s a negative. Corners can just be added to the long long list of things he doesn’t enjoy.
Must be exhausting being so fucking grumpy all the time.

I had a look there we're about average I'd say. not withstanding that, do you get excited when we take a corner? With the exception of Rodri and Ake the rest of our big men seem incapable of getting a header in. I doubt it's just me that thinks it's an area we could work on particularly as we seem to be struggling against these low blocks week in week out.
No but very few goals are scored direct from corners for any club.
Corners. They’re a facet of football where there’s an almost inexplicable amount of excitement generated upon winning one, especially when considering only between 3-4% of them end as a goal – well below the average conversion of, say, a penalty kick (76%), right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.