The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Even if we go on a run which is doubtful with this squad the dippers and Tarquins will be long gone.

Don't see us in a title race this year. Just think we aren't at the level required, yes we've been slow starters before but we're almost halfway through the season and the form is dropping, not improving. 7 points out of the last 18 and conceding late goals in 4 of those games is more than concerning.

You can't win it every year, but we need to improve ASAP to stake our Top 4 claim at this stage. Anything more than that is bonus territory.

Next summers transfer business is of paramount importance, this year's business was woeful imo, left far too late and brought in players that didn't really strengthen the team at all.

Take our medicine right now and bounce back

There is a substantial difference between last year and this year. We had better midfield play and a defense that wasn’t leaking in goals consistently. I was certain we would catch Arsenal last year. It is silly to to put up last years league table and not acknowledge the profound differences between last year and this year.

Do you want me to put up the same messages on the thread in December last year? I can assure you they are worse than the ones on this one.

And yet in both them games we played some very good football.
We are playing some good football, what seems to be missing is controlling counters and game management in the last 10 minutes, something we were the best at until the last month,no reason to think we won’t sort both those issues out whether it’s quick enough for this season we’ll see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.