Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some good discussion here. I too think that we have spent too much on players that are not first team standard and it has left us very short. Just glad that Bernado is still here and that Rodri is able to play many games.
If we had trusted youth we could have had Lavia instead of signing Kalvin-Phillips and given Tommy Doyle a chance in the squad. That would have left us able to go after real star quality like Rice who I think might have come if we had made it clear we wanted him.

It does feel a bit churlish complaining after the last few seasons but the truth is our midfield buys have been poor. We need to discover another Fernandinho. There is a lot of rubbish about though if somebody had asked me who the most expensive player on the field against Chelsea was Caciedo would not have been in the top ten answers I would have given.

We had an ideal Rodri backup in Lavia yet sold him and bought a far worse player for 3 times the price. We had an ideal Mahrez replacement in Palmer but sold him and now Foden is the only right winger we have. I actually think Harwood-Bellis is the only centre back who could properly do the Stones midfield role because he’s so comfortable on the ball, but it looks like he’ll be sold in the summer too. No doubt McAtee will be sold without getting any actual chances to impress and we’ll go out and sign someone who isn’t any better. And it wouldn’t surprise me if Bobb starts getting frustrated too with his lack of playing time either.
None of those mentioned except Palmer are good enough, Palmer did not want to work, he could not move out a 30 year old Marhez, who was a shadow of the player we bought, lets just keep to incoming as they are the ones struggling,

This bollox about needing a year to get what pep wants is just a lame excuse for players who arent good enough.
Players that cost north of £40m should be able to perform straight away otherwise whats the point of them?
Because we have a coach that can make them better?

Im not saying every player will magically get better, but football is not a game of individual contributors. Every position (except maybe Haalands) has to work within a system that requires some familiarity with your team. Just because learning that system and having that familiarity may take players some time, doesn’t mean they won’t succeed. Also, I think $40m is too low. Most players these days are going to be $40m!

This bollox about needing a year to get what pep wants is just a lame excuse for players who arent good enough.
Players that cost north of £40m should be able to perform straight away otherwise whats the point of them?
If that was true, then we should've got rid of the likes of Ake, Stones, Rodri, Bernardo, Mahrez, Grealish and Sane after a year.

And/or so often we fail to get first targets who would fit into our system seamlessly and be able to perform relatively well straight away.

Really disappointed with Doku, makes all the wrong decisions fails to beat his man on crosses more often than not. Shooting 9 times out of 10 is way off, slows the game down at the wrong time. I don’t see him improving tbh and I’m not having this first season bollocks, a complete waste of £50 mill

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.